Chapter Thirty-seven

"Leon?" Iris' voice was soft and held an edge to it. Leon fisted his hands and twisted his head from left to right causing it to make a crick in response.

"Ah. Now that is better. Your name is Iris, right?" Leon walked towards her slowly. Something in the way he moved, made me question what he was doing. For the first time, I saw fear on Iris' face. She slowly started walking backward, until her back hit the wall. There was a smirk on Leon's face as if he enjoyed her fear. When he was straight in front of her, he brought his right hand around her neck.

"Leon!" Iris and Leon turned their heads instantly. The smirk on Leon's face had been replaced to a sneer. I looked around the room for any objects that I could use to defend myself. There was a rock behind me, which I took immediately. When I turned around I hit a hard chest. I inhaled the familiar cologne and knew immediately who it was physically but internally I wasn't sure. Just by looking up at him, I felt fear crawl up my neck.

"Ashley, it is so nice to finally-" Before he could say another word, he fell on the floor. I gaped at him in surprise.

"Come one we need to go." Iris grabbed me by my arm and pulled me out of the room. As soon as we were out of the room, Iris let go of my hand and started running.

"Stop standing there and follow me!" I broke out of my daydream and started following her. Most people were in classes so there weren't many people in the hallways, but the people that were there stopped and stared at us.

"Where are we going?"

"We are going to meet Rawer. He is the second in command."

"What did you do to Leon?" As much as I tried to hide the urgency in my tone, I couldn't. I was worried about what was happening to Leon. I needed to know that he was going to be fine.

"Don't worry about him. He will be fine. The spell I did on him is minor."

"A minor spell doesn't knock out a person," I said dryly.

"Listen, Ashley, I know you are worried about Leon but the best we can do for now is to find Rawer.

"How will Rawer help us?"

"He will be able to figure out a way to restrain Leon, while Leon tries to regain his body. The Defesta has temporally taken over his body, that is why he was acting the way he did. I have never done this spell before so I didn't know what the outcome would be." Iris suddenly turned right, causing my abruptly break. "Come on, Ashley! We are almost there!"

Iris pulled open the door to the emergency stairs and started climbing upstairs. Once we reached the third floor, Iris opened the door so that we were in a hallway. She started going towards the end of the hallway. You could clearly make out that the room at the end of the hallway wasn't a normal room, with the Rawer's name on the door and the two me that stood outside the door.

"I need to speak with Rawer. Tell him Leon and his mate are in danger." Both the guards looked at each other for a second, as if contemplating on what to do. The guard on the left nodded his head at the other guard and knocked on the door. After what seemed like minutes, the guard opened the door.

"Iris has asked to speak with you about Leon and his mate's safety."

"Let them in." A man, who I guessed was Rawer said. The other guard flicked his hand, indicating to us that we could go in.

"Rawer, it is a pleasure to see you again though must admit it is in unfortunate circumstances. Rawer, sat on his chair with his head on his raised hands.

"Hello Iris and Ashley, right?" Rawer got up from his seat and walked towards me. "It is so nice to finally put a face to the name."

"It is good to meet you, though I have to agree with Iris. I wish we had met on better circumstances."

"Something went wrong with the ritual, didn't it?" Even though Rawer was still looking at me, his question was directed towards Iris.

"Leon needs to be restrained. He is out of control. He almost tried to kill me! The Defesta is controlling his body. Until Leon starts fighting back, he is going to try to harm everybody, especially Ashley."

"Where did the ritual take place?" Rawer asked, glancing at Iris with his light brown eyes.

"Room 679."

"Thank you. I will make sure you both are in safe hands." He nodded his head at the both of us and opened the door and spoke to the guards. Iris and I parted ways- Iris was going to her home while I was being taken to a safe room. Apparently, Leon had given Rawer strict orders before we left for our trip. Leon had made sure that I was going to be safe at all times if things didn't go as per plan.

"Here you are." The guard opened the door to a what seemed like an ordinary room. I glanced around, trying to see what was so special about his room but I could find nothing.

"Why is this room called the safe room? This room seems like any other room to me."

"There is a clocking spell on this room so that supernatural creatures cannot find it easily."

"When will I be able to see Leon?"

"You can only see him on the orders of Rawer."

"Am I not a higher position than Rawer? I mean I am your leaders' soulmate." I didn't want to pull the leaders' soulmate card but I knew I had no other choice. The guard was silent for a minute. His forehead was creased as he thought over what I said.

"You are right. I will take you to see Leon after he is put in a place where he cannot hurt you."

*__________________________*

Hi everyone!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Vote Goal - 10

Vote, comment, follow, share

Love,

TTBMBFF