Chapter Forty-two

Chapter Forty-two

As soon as I entered the university, I knew that Sarim's people knew that I was here. Some people who were in groups had stopped talking and were staring at me as if they couldn't believe that I was stupid enough to come alone.

Averting my eyes to the floor, I walked towards the elevator. Just before I could reach it though, I felt someone grab my arm. I turned around to glare at the person for stopping me.

"You need to come with me."

"You can't order me around." I was glad that my voice didn't waver even though inside, I was quivering from fear.

"Are you sure with that?" She opened her arms, indicating to all the people surrounding us.

I knew that Rawer's plan was working when I glanced at all the people that were now surrounding us. All of them had a serious expression and had their hands joint together. I knew that this was a good distraction but it wasn't for Rawer's plan to work perfectly. I had to do something. Something big. Something that will distract them so much that they wouldn't realize that they were getting invaded.

"I want to see Leon." The girl let out a laugh- a menacing tone that made my heart beat faster.

"I told you, you cannot order me around." The girl clenched her jaw in annoyance and flicked her hand towards me. Before I knew what was happening, two men stood on either side of me and each grabbed one of my hands. I tried to break free, but their grips were too strong. They started pulling towards the opposite direction, causing me to panic.

"I have something you want." As soon as the words were out, I knew I made a huge mistake. I had nothing they wanted.

"What is it that you?" The woman crossed her arms and glared at me.

"I have your mate." Again, another lie that I knew was going to get me in trouble. I wasn't even sure if she had a mate. My heart beat faster as I looked at her face for a clue to what she was thinking, but her face was expressionless. I prayed that if she did have a mate, he wasn't one of them men surrounding us.

The woman walked up to me and inched closer to my face until I could feel her breath against my face.

"Nice try, but it doesn't work on me. My mate is dead." She then nodded her head at the men who were still holding me. I was pushed into the center of the elevator and surrounded by all the men.

The woman walked into the now very full elevator and took out a card and flashed it one of the buttons with the numbers on them. Immediately the elevator door closes. Instead of going up- like it is supposed to go, it goes down.

I hoped that Rawer's plan- of all the Warriors sneaking in worked. I knew that I couldn't hold then off forever. There was also a very good chance that they could be caught and this whole thing would be a fluke.

The elevator made a ding sound and its doors opened to a dimly lit hallway. We walked out and headed down the hall. Loud voices echoed from what I assumed was a room at the end of the hallway. I sneaked glances at my surroundings but the men surrounding me wouldn't allow me to see everything.

"I have been expecting you." I recognized that voice but couldn't remember who it belonged to. Slowly the guards moved away from their position around me, to the corners of the room.

I narrowed my eyes when I never noticed Sarim staring at me. A smirk grew on Sarim's face when she saw me. It was almost like she could see through my mask and could see how scared I was inside. She seemed to be enjoying making me feel uncomfortable.

"You seem to love drawing attention to yourself." Her voice was slow but had an edge to it that send shivers down my body.

"And how am I drawing attention to myself?'