Chapter Two

Chapter Two

"We are going to miss you so much!" My mom said hugging me.

"And don't forget to message us as soon as you land."

"I am going to miss the both of you so much. I will message you as soon as I land and I will call you when I reach my dorm."

"You should get going now, boarding starts in a few minutes and you need to get through security check first."

"I guess this is it. I will talk to both of you later. Bye!"

"Bye! Have a safe flight!" With that, I was on my way to the security checks which surprisingly didn't take as long as my parents said it would. I headed towards my boarding gate since boarding would start in a few minutes. As I was walking into towards the gate, somebody bumped into me abruptly, making tumble over my feet.

"I am so sorry! Are you alright?" I pushed myself up from the floor and ignored the hand stretched out for me.

"I am fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, see no scratches." I showed him my arms and legs to prove my point.

"Flight 285 is ready to board now," the speakers announced.

"That's my flight! I have to go!" Without waiting for his reply I was on my way to my gate. As I neared the gate, I noticed there was already a big line.

I opened my bag to take my boarding pass out. I dug my hand in and felt for it but I couldn't find it. Suddenly a sick feeling came onto my stomach. What if I had dropped my boarding pass while walking?

Hoping that what I was thinking was not the case, I took my handbag off my right shoulder and held it in my left hand. With the right hand I carefully searched for it. I opened every compartment in the handbag.

I started to feeling more nervous when I noticed the line was moving fairly quickly. I frantically searched for it. Just when I was going to get out of the line and turn my bag upside down, I saw it. I immediately took it out. Relief spread through my body. It was like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

Before I knew it, I was on the plane and sitting in my seat- by the aisle. As I was reading the flight magazine, I felt someone tapping me on the shoulder. I looked up to see the same man that had bumped into me earlier.

"Can I help you?"

"My seat is beside yours so please could get up for a second for me to pass through?"

"Sure!" I got up from my seat and stood in the aisle while he passed to his seat. Once he was sitting, I went back to reading the magazine.

After the flight attendants were telling is what would do if the flight was about to crash or have an emergency landing. The airplane was, at last, taking off. I tapped my foot anxiously. Once we were in the air the plane started to shake.

"Passengers on board 285 there is going to be slight of turbulence due to the weather so please put your seat belts on and before you know it the turbulence will be over. Thank you," the pilot said.

I started to take deep breaths to calm myself. After a few minutes, the plane started to shake a little bit more. Then my breathing quickened.

"Are you scared of flying?" The man next to me asked. I turned my head to see his brown eyes intently looking at me.

"It is my first time on a flight. I don't really know what to expect."

"Ahh, did you know flying is actually safer than driving?" I glanced at his face, waiting for him to grin but when he didn't, I realized he was serious.