Chapter Forty-one

Chapter Forty-one

"Ashley will head towards her dorm. On the way, she is going to get noticed by the at least one- if not more of the raider's people. When they notice she is there, they will call the leaders of the raiders. While this happens, we will slowly take down raider's surrounding the university with tranquilizers. Any questions so far?" Rawer surveyed the room and when no one lifted their hand up, he continued his speech.

"Once all the raiders surrounding the university have been taken down, we will all go our separate ways. Each alpha will lead the remaining members of his/ her pack through an allocated area. The allocated areas will make sure that all entrances and exits for the university are guarded. I will choose a team of twenty warriors to come with me to rescue Leon."

"Sir, what about the witches and warlocks?" A man standing in the far, right-hand corner of the room asked.

"That was my next point, Kian. The witches and warlocks will put a clocking spell on themselves and blend in with all the students in the university. They will look out for unusual behaviour and help with the fighting- when the time comes."

"I will send out the plans shortly, until then please gather into your packs and explain to your members of the plan. You all are dismissed." All the Alphas filed out of the room hurriedly. You could them shouting outside as they call for their members.

"I assume you are hungry since you haven't eaten anything since you came down here, so you can have some food and then I will show you to your bed." We walked out into the busy big hall and headed towards a room close to the big hall.

There were huge boxes everywhere- all piled on top of each other. Rawer walked to one of the open boxes and took out a plastic packet.

"Do you like mac and cheese?"

"Yes, I do."

"Here's some then. There's a fork in there and a bottle of water is in there too." Rawer took out another packet, and went and sat on one of the boxes. I followed suit. I opened the packet and saw a completely sealed box that had macaroni and cheese labeled on it. I opened the container and took out the spoon that was also in a plastic packet and started having my dinner. I didn't realise how hungry I was until I finished the macaroni and cheese. I glanced up to see that Rawer was only halfway finished. I drank the water slowly, waiting for Rawer to finish.

"Come on, the room where you will be sleeping in quite far away." We walked back out into the buzzing hallway, except this time most people were standing in circles, listening to their Alpha telling of the plan for tomorrow. As we went further down the hall, the number of people reduced until finally when we came to the room. Rawer pushed the big door open.

The room was fairly large and the beds were attached vertically to the walls. Rawer walked to a bed in the middle and pulled it down from the wall.

"Nothing fancy, but it will do for tonight. Tomorrow will be a big day and you will need to wake up early so I suggest you get some sleep."

"Thanks, Rawer, for everything." I gave a small smile when I said that.

"No problem!" He smiled genuinely at me, "I should be heading back. Goodnight Ashley."

"Goodnight Rawer." I watched him swiftly get out of the room. Once I could no longer see him I slipped into the bed. The metal frame of the bed made creaking sounds as I adjusted myself into a comfortable position. I pulled the blanket over me and closed my eyes, hoping sleep would come quickly.

***

"Ashley, it's time to wake up." I groaned loudly when the person shook my shoulder. "We won't be able to save Leon if you don't wake up in time." I opened my eyes immediately. I saw Rawer getting up from his crouched position when he saw that I was awake. I slowly got up from the bed, rubbing my hands over my eyes a few times to clear my blurry vision.

"What time is it?"

"It is six o'clock. There's a bathroom over there. Here are spare toiletries and clothes. I'll meet you in twenty minutes outside this room."

I quickly walked to the bathroom. I entered the bathroom to find lots of people waiting in a line and talking loudly. The room soon silenced when everybody took notice of me standing there. I held my bag closer to myself, unsure of what to do. I gave them all a small smile and stood in the line to the washrooms. Slowly the line moved forward until finally, it was my turn to brush my teeth and take a shower.

The shower was nothing too fancy, but it was better than I expected since so many people had used this before me. I turned on the shower only to let the cold water hit my face. I yelped back in surprise and waited for the water to turn warm until I hopped back into the shower. All I could think about was the plan to save Leon. I just hoped that everything goes as planned or else I don't what would happen to him.

After a few seconds of just standing there, I remembered that there were people waiting for me to come out of the shower so I quickly finished off and headed towards the entrance to the bedroom. As Rawer had said he would, he was standing there- waiting for me. As I walked closer towards him, I noticed that he was holding something in his hands. My eyes widened in shock when I saw the knives in his hand.

"Take these knives for protection. Distribute them throughout your body and put them underneath your clothes so that they are not visible. You- we need to be prepared for anything and everything."

Though I was very nervous I forced myself to eat a bit of breakfast since there was a good chance I wouldn't get food soon. Rawer took me to the entrance where a few witches were already standing there waiting. They all were wearing black clothes and they all had their hair tied up high.

"Ashley, these are the witches from the Hadu clan. They are going to take down the invisible barrier to allow us to go to the university."

"Hi." I gave them all a tight smile, to which I received a nod of acknowledgment in return.

"Come on, we have to stick to schedule. Begin the spell." With that the witches started reciting the spell until finally we could see the forest that I could from yesterday. Rawer took my arm and lead me through the invisible door. Soon enough we were in the forest and there was no sign of the safe room. We walked the same way Iris and I walked yesterday., except now it was quite dark. As we walked through I damp grass, I noticed a beam of light shining our way. I touched Rawer arm, stopping him from moving any further.

"Rawer, there is someone there." My voice was as low as I could possibly speak.

"Don't worry Ashley, he is one of us. He will be driving us to the university." I let out a breath of relief. With our fast-paced walk, it wasn't long before we had reached the man that was shining the light.

"Jared?"

"Ashley! It's nice to see you again though it is unfortunate we have to meet in such circumstances." I nodded my head, agreeing with him. "Sir, nice to see you again. Please head into the car both of you." I slipped into the backseat of the car and drummed my fingers on the leather seats while waited for Rawer and Jared to come inside the car.

"Ashley, we are going to drop you off just by the campus. Here is a bag filled with a few books- nothing too big is in there though. It will just help you to blend in. Is there anything of the plan that you are confused about? Now is the time to ask."

"No, I think I am good." I breathed in deeply and fisted my sweaty palms. At this time, there wasn't much traffic and soon we were on the road of the university. Jared parked at the beginning of the road and glanced back at me via the rearview mirror. When our eyes met, he gave a small nod of encouragement.

"I guess this is it. Thank you both for everything."

"Don't thank us just yet." I opened the door and got out. With a final glance at the car, I walked towards the university.

*_____________________________*

Hi everyone!

Hope you liked reading this chapter! I would love to hear your predictions for the next chapter! Thank you so much for all your support! This book reached #233 in the Werewolf Hot List!

Vote Goal 10

Vote, Comment, Follow, Share

Love, TTBMBFF