Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

The wind blew against my face as I waited for Leon to come back. It had been five minutes since I had asked him to tell the truth and it had been four minutes since Leon went into the forest.

I was getting slightly worried that he had left me. I knew from the look on his face that he was really nervous. I didn't know if he was nervous about the fact that he was telling me his secret, by trusting me a lot, or the fact that he was nervous about how I would think of him after I knew his secret.

The crunching sound of fallen leaves breaks me from the thoughts that are clouding my mind. I stood up to my feet, not sure if it was Leon or someone else.

I push myself from the tree I was leaning on. As the footsteps came closer, I began to wonder where was Leon. The footsteps were slow but loud. From what I could hear the footsteps were heavy, almost not sounding human.

I began to get worried as I had recalled my encounter with the wolves in Peaceville a few days ago. A shiver passed through my body as I thought about how close I was to getting attacked.

I backed myself slowly towards the tree. I looked around myself, trying to look for a weapon of some sorts. My heart beat wildly against my chest that was heaving up and down from anticipation.

I bend down to pick up a few sticks that had fallen off the tall tree. I wrapped my around them and held tightly. Even though all I had was a bunch of sticks, I felt more confident, knowing that I had some sort of weapon with me.

I looked up to see that the tree was long and easy to climb. Gulping slowly, I turned myself around and put my foot on the bark of the tree. With the sticks in my left hand, I grabbed the hanging branch at the top with my right hand.

I pushed myself up, despite my body's protests. My beating heart sped faster as I looked down towards the ground.

Even though I was not far from the ground I could feel my fear of heights crawling into me, almost like slow droplets of rain that slowly wet you.

I pursed my lips and climbed another branch. My hands were shaking slightly from the fear of falling down. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down.

Suddenly I realised that the sound of the footsteps had stopped. I slowly turned my head around to see a big wolf looking at me.

Its fur was black with three red stripes on its back. The wolf looked at me with his deep black eyes. Something about those eyes made me think about Leon. Leon's and the wolf's eyes were completely different colours but both of them had something that made them look so alike.

The giant wolf walked a little bit closer towards me. My eyes widen as I realised that the wolf was very similar to the wolf I had encountered with a few days ago. Something about the expression on their faces made them look almost human. The wolf continues coming forward until he is right by the tree I am on. He nudged the tree as if telling me to come down.

I shook my head from side to side. My head was pounding from all the thoughts that were swarming into my head. My mind was telling me to turn around, I wanted to turn around but I couldn't. It was almost as if my body wouldn't listen to my mind.

I let my fingers that were holding the sticks, free. The wolf moved to the side, as the sticks fell down to the ground. I clutched the sides of my head in pain. I slowly rocked myself on the small tree branch, waiting for the pain to lessen. Just as I felt the pain lessen I felt myself falling.

I removed my hands from my forehand and moved them around, trying to brace myself from the fall. I waited and waited, but no pain came. I turned my head around to see that I was on the wolf. I screamed loudly, afraid that the wolf was going to attack me.

I scrambled off the wolf, my steps uneven when I walked backward. The wolf watched me the whole time, his eyes never leaving mine. I looked around me frantically, trying to look for a tree that was suitable for me to climb.

From my sudden panic, I didn't realisedthat the wolf had left. I sighed about loudly, not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. I didn't think about it again, as I took off running towards the campus. I moved my legs as fast as I could. I ran past the trees, trying to look for the way I came. I slowed as I realised that I didn't know where I was.

I searched through the forest, trying to look for the campus building from in between the trees that were all close together. I looked behind me, checking to see if the wolf was nearby but I saw nothing.

Abruptly I felt a hand cover my mouth. I screamed loudly into the hand, not only from fear but from fright. The person wrapped his other arm around me holding me in place. I tried to move around in the arms that were holding me but the person's hold was too strong.

The person took me into the forest, right to the spot where Leon had taken me earlier. The person stopped and slowly released me. I tried to jog far away from the person but the person grabbed me by the arm and pulled me into his chest.

"Don't even think about it," Leon said, making me freeze in shock.

*__________________________*

Hi everyone!

What did you think of this chapter?

What do think is going to happen next?

Thank you so much for the 3,078 reads and 95 votes!

Vote Goal- 10

Against My Will is in the Best Wattpad Reads of 2014 Werewolf Shortlist!

Vote for the chapter that says Vampire/Werewolf #5, so that Against My Will can win!

Here is the link to the chapter:

http://www.wattpad.com/73624504-best-wattpad-reads-of-2014-vampire-werewolf-5#

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share

TTBMBFF