Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

"Here you go," Leon said placing a plate of toast and fried eggs in front of me. I looked up at him, a smile on my face. My foul mood from yesterday had disappeared when I woke up this morning to feel totally fresh.

Everything that happened after Leon took me to my room was a blur. When I woke up this morning I noticed a small scar on my right hand. I had asked Leon what it was; all he said was that it was from an injection.

"Thank you," I said sincerely, "You did not have to do this." Even though Leon told me what happened last night, I still feel a little cautious. I watched Leon the whole time he said this, trying to see if he was lying but all I could see was sincerity.

"It is totally fine, what are roommates for?"

"Well according to the dictionary a roommate is a person occupying the same room as another."

"How do you know that?" Leon asked, looking up at from his plate. Before I can answer Leon got up from his chair. Without another word, he rushed to the kitchen. I heard him open the fridge and take out some type of glass. When he came out of the kitchen I say him with two glasses of juice.

"You didn't need to do that," I said, eyeing the orange colour liquid in the glass.

"No really, it is fine," Leon said shrugging his shoulder. I watched Leon as he put the glass beside me and walked back to his seat, which is across from me.

"No seriously, I am serious. I don't like juice, at all," I said watching Leon as he stopped chewing. He looked up at me, the smile that had been on his face the whole day gone. I wince quietly at the expression.

"I am sorry, I should have told you before," I said with sincerity.

"No, it was my fault for not asking you, really," Leon added when he sees my expression. A small smile appeared on my face as I heard apologizing for something he did not know.

"Well if you are not going to have it, I might as well have it," Leon said getting up from his seat and picking up the glass of juice.

"How do you like juice?" I asked with disgust as I watched Leon take a gulp.

"I just do. Why do you hate juice?" Leon asked, making me glare at him. Without replying to him, I continue eating my breakfast.

"Why don't I show you around the campus today?" I looked at Leon for a second and thought about what he was saying.

"Sure," I said after a few seconds of thinking, "Excuse me."

I got up from my chair and headed to towards the kitchen to wash my plate. I thought about how kind Leon had been so kind to me for all these rough days. It was like there was a small fire in the pit of my stomach which slowly lit more and more as I hung out more with Leon.

As I dried the plate, I turned around only to slam into a hard chest. I gasped in shock.

"Sorry," Leon muttered softly. He moved away from me so that I could go to put the plate back in the cupboard.

"I am just going to wait for you by the door," I said to Leon. I walked towards the door slowly, my thoughts muddled up as I thought of my relationship with Leon. Where we friends or was he just being a good roommate?

"Come on let us go." I jumped slightly, startled by Leon's deep voice. I turned around to see Leon put on his shoes.

"Where are we going first?" I asked as we walked out of our dorm.

"It is a surprise." I looked towards Leon who was also staring at me. I quickly looked away; suddenly afraid of what Leon was thinking. The same sinking feeling I had when my friends died came back to me.

"You okay?" I heard Leon ask. I meekly nodded, knowing that if I opened my mouth the tears that have formed in my eyes would fall. I looked down at my feet as we entered the elevator. My happy mood was gone, as the picture of my dead parents filled my head.

"Ashley? Are you thinking about your parents?" Leon asked me softly. I froze for a second when I heard him say that. I looked up towards him to see him staring at me with worry.

"Everything is going to be alright. How do you know they are dead? They could just be in a bad condition or it could even be photo editing. These days those types of things can be done easily," Leon said seriously.

"They are dead, Leon. I know it." I stared at Leon dark green eyes that are filled with worry for me.

"Did someone tell you they are dead? Did someone confirm it?" Leon asked, persistently.

"I know they are dead." My voice was much higher than I intended for it to go. It was not only the fact that Leon had opened up a tender memory but he had also asked a question that I did not want to answer.

"Ashley? Answer me!" Leon said loudly. My eyes widen at his sudden burst of anger. I backed away to the corner of the elevator, as I watched Leon taking deep breaths to calm himself down. Leon exhaled loudly and leaned against the steel elevator. He closed his eyes and clenched his fists tightly.

"Are you okay?" I asked. Even though I am feeling slightly scared I took a step forward and touched Leon's clenched fists. Slowly but carefully I uncurled them. I watched as Leon slowly opened his eyes. The fire feeling in my stomach returned as I stared into his dark green eyes.

"Yes, are you?"

"Yes," I answered, truthfully this time.

*___________________________*

Hi everyone!

What did you think of this chapter? What do you think of Ashley's outburst?

Vote goal - 10

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share

TTBMBFF