Chapter Forty

Chapter Forty

I remembered growing up, my parents used to always tell me never to make any rash decisions, apparently, they always ended up with you getting in trouble.

As I sat in the chair in Rawer's office, I felt a sense of calmness. I didn't feel bad for making a rash decision, infant I felt like I did the right thing.

After everything Leon had done to protect me, this was the least I could do for him. I knew that this wasn't going to be an easy journey- nobody said it was going to be an easy journey but I knew that everything I would do is for a good cause. I was amazed at the number of people that were supporting Leon.

After I accepted Rawer's offer to help him save Leon and his throne, he took me to a large hallway that was filled with bunk beds that had desks underneath each of them. This was the place where most of the people worked and slept.

Rawer dropped me off at my bunk bed where I knew would now be my home for the next few days or even weeks. I was shown around the place and I meet a few people before I went to bed.

I snapped out of thoughts when I heard the door open. I looked behind me to see Rawer walking in with a big pile of books.

"These are the summaries of the greatest Luna's that have lived up until today and it also highlights the responsibilities of a Luna."

"What must I do with all of this? How does this help save Leon?" I picked up one of the books and flipped through the pages inside it.

"Having a Luna will be a symbol of hope. We need someone that people can look up to. Just be yourself. The best Luna's were women that didn't act superficially. If people have hope, then they will be motivated to fight."

"I want to help in any way I can. I will try to go through these books as quickly as I can."

"It's not of complete necessity to go through these books. I just thought you might need guidance since I have a feeling Leon never had the opportunity to tell you what your responsibilities as a Luna is. You can sit on the couch over there and read through them." Rawer indicated to the couch in the corner of the room. "If you don't understand something in there, feel free to ask me." He picked up the books and put them on the table beside the couch.

"Thanks." I sat on the couch and slowly traced the cover of the book with my hand. The book had swirls on it, proving how old the book was. Most books now days weren't in hardcover let alone have designs on it. I slowly opened it, careful unlike before when I had opened it.

The pages were stained yellow colour and the pages were so thin that when my short nail cut the page with a little press, the page tore. I quickly flipped to the second page where the word Luna Zarha was written in bold.

I turned to the next page and saw a black and white picture of a woman who I assumed was Luna Zarha. Her hair was plaited and was pulled sideways where it reached right down her back. Her arms were at hanging by her side and her hands were in a fist. Her lips were pulled into a small smile.

As I read through the book I noticed the strength and courage Luna Zarha had. She had lost not only her mate but her child but still pulled through to be the greatest Luna to ever live. She never gave up hope- not when her pack lost battles or when people had given up hope for a better life. She was an inspiration for not only her pack members but all the werewolves that lived. This war was nothing compared to the war she had taken part in.

It was almost like somebody had kicked me in the head with their foot when a plan suddenly dawned on me. I knew what I had to do to stop this war from getting out of hand. I knew how to save Leon. I jumped up from the couch and stride towards the desk Rawer was working on. He immediately scanned my body as of checking for a wound and when he didn't find one he glanced at my determined expression.

"We have an advantage over the people that have Leon."

"What is that?" Rawer asked leaning forward in his chair, intrigued to what I had to say.

"We have loyalty."

Rawer stared at me for a few seconds, as if checking to see if I was joking before letting out a small chuckle. He leaned back in his chair and stared at me for a few seconds before asking the question I knew he was going to ask.

"How is having loyalty an advantage?"

"During the Dread War, Luna Zahra's pack members never left her pack even though they lost all their fights against other packs. It took them years of hardship and struggle to win a fight, but when they did win their fight for the first time in years. They never lost any more fights. Luna Zahra's pack members were loyal. They were dedicated to make their pack the most powerful pack again. The people that have Leon, are a bunch of different people that believe in the same thing. They all have the same end goal but after they achieve the end goal, what becomes of the werewolf world? What becomes of the broken up packs?"

Rawer had a thoughtful expression on his face as he pondered over what I just said. I sat down on the chair beside his table as I waited for his reply. After a few seconds of silence, Rawer stood up and indicated for me to follow him. As we re-entered the big hall, everybody again, stopped what they were doing and looked at me. It was as if they were waiting for me to do something big.

"I would like all the Alphas to meet me and Ashley in the meeting room in five minutes, where we will be discussing our plan of action." Rawer's voice echoed through the big hall. Soon everybody went back to work- occasionally throwing glances my way. We walked to the other end of the hall and entered into a fairly large room where all the Alphas were quickly filing into.

"Ashley, told me something today that made me realise that we are strong enough to attack the people who have Leon. She reminded me that we are werewolves. Werewolves are loyal to each other. Every single person in this basement has volunteered to save Leon's life. Those monsters don't have loyalty. They are all a bunch of people looking for power- something we will never give them. I believe the best way to attack them is to attack from the inside of the university. The university is their power source. Without the university, they are just a bunch of wolves with different ideologies. We need it to be something they don't expect so that they don't have time to use Leon against us."

"Sir, how will we get our warriors inside, without being detected by them though?"

"Our witches can put a temporary clocking spell on them. When the warriors get inside they will change their clothing so that their scent will be mixed with the people who have Leon."

"When are we attacking?" An alpha in the far corner asked.

"Tomorrow."

"How are we going to save Leon?" I asked, causing everybody's heads to snap towards me.

"You are going to be the bait needed to lure Leon towards us."

*_________________________*

Hi everyone!

Hope you liked this chapter!

This book only has a few chapters remaining, which means I will be posting bonus chapters after the epilogue.

Which character would you like the bonus chapter to be in the point of view in?

What do you predict will happen in the next chapter?

I would to hear your thoughts!

Vote, Comment, Follow and Share

Love, TTBMBFF