Prologue

Vibrant colors splashed on the empty canvas as the sun began to rise over the horizon of Infinity Island.

As Damian gracefully moved his wrist across the paper, he watched his paintbrush work around the paper. He was painting the scenery in front of him, in a peacefully quiet field of grass. Art was the only way he could release his suppressed emotions.

Being an Al Ghul meant you couldn't have any imperfections. There could be no weaknesses, and that included emotions. Another requirement was of course strength, but Damian surely already possessed that.

His mother and grandfather had brutally trained him to be a killing machine ever since he learned to walk. Most parents would let their children play with stuffed animals and toy cars, but Damain grew up learning how to kill a man with one finger.

Ra's Al Ghul wanted a rightful heir, so Damian had to be perfect, or he would be worthless.

"That is beautiful, my lord."

Damian was pulled from his thoughts as he briefly turned his head to look at his servant, Ravi, before returning his attention to the task at hand. "Thank you."

"Your mother has requested for your presence," Ravi then informed. "It seemed rather urgent."

Damian reluctantly placed his brush inside the tray of the easel. "I suppose I will have to leave then," he said with a sigh as he started to pack up his things.

Ravi patiently waited as Damian cleaned up his supplies before they began to make their way back to the Al Ghul home.

"What is it, mother?"

Talia turned her head from her servants and ordered them to leave as she looked down at her son. "Your grandfather has a mission for you," she informed. Instead of her usual attire, she was wearing her black leather jumpsuit.

Damian raised an eyebrow curiously. "Which is?"

"There is a girl in the United States. She is a threat to mankind, and must be terminated," Talia explained as she fetched a photograph from the desk in front of her, before handing it to him.

Damian took the photo and studied it carefully. The girls hair was a shade of violet, matching her eyes. She wore a dark blue cloak and had a strange red gem placed in the center of her forehead.

"But, she isn't like our other targets," Talia said, causing him to meet her gaze again with a puzzled expression. "She is a half-demon with tremendous power."

"How does she lose a threat?" Damian questioned.

"Your grandfather wouldn't tell me. I believe it has something to do with her demonic lineage," Talia answered and crossed her arms over her chest. "She's also on a team of meta-humans, so you have to be careful. If they see you trying to kill her, they'll most likely attack you."

"That's it?" Damian asked nonchalantly. This didn't sound difficult in the least to him.

"It's not as easy as it sounds," Talia assured him.

Damian scoffed. "I've killed some of the strongest assassins that have set foot on this Earth. This target is just some teenage girl with a few superpowers. I think I'll do fine."

A sigh escaped from Talia's lips. "So, you accept?"

Damian's eyes fell to the picture in his hands once more before answering his mother's question.

"Yes."