1. Introduction

The smell of blood lingered heavily in the apartment after a brutally beaten body finally gave out. After raiding the room for what he needed, Damian fled the scene without a trace.

This was just an ordinary night for the sixteen year old boy. Finding his target, getting a clean kill, and collecting the debts. It was a routine by now.

He had been in Jump City for a week, and he was finally finished with the first dozen side missions his grandfather had assigned him. The money he was collecting was used for his stay in the foreign country.

Once he made it back to the safe house he was staying in, he stripped off his bloody gloves and grabbed a bite to eat from the refrigerator. When he made it to his computer, he immediately plugged the flash drive his mother had given him into it. As soon as he opened up the information, his eyes scanned frantically over the words.

Raven: a demon/human hybrid. Daughter of Trigon. Member of the Teen Titans. She is currently seventeen years old. Her powers are tied to her emotions. Her abilities include but is not limited to: telekinesis, darkness control, force-fields, teleportation, empathy, levitation, healing, and spell-casting magic. She's a walking bridge between the underworld and Earth.

After reading over the set of data, he took the flash drive out and shut down his computer. Easy.

When he finished his sandwich he got up from the computer desk and made his way to the bathroom. His eyes wandered to the mirror and he admired himself. He wore a thin dark green mask over his face that hid every feature of his face except his amber eyes. On his forearms and shins were golden plates, and on his torso was a sleeveless turtleneck made from kevlar that matched the color of his mask and had a gold trim. His dark pants and boots were coated with splattered blood.

After pulling off his clothes, Damian stepped into a hot shower. As he rinsed off, he watched as crimson ran down his legs and into the shower drain. At this point in his life, the sight of blood didn't even faze him anymore

When he got out, he dried himself off with a towel and put on a pair of sweatpants. After deciding to call it a night, he crashed onto the bed and got comfortable. He needed to be well rested since tomorrow he would successfully complete his mission.

Or at least, that's what he thought.