7. Concern

It took Damian's leg six weeks to heal. Well, usually a broken bone would take longer, but he was growing impatient. So, as soon as he could walk on it, he started to get back to business, despite the aching pains he experienced.

If his mother or grandfather noticed him slacking off, it would definitely become an issue.

After he made sure the Titans were fast asleep, Damian snuck out and patrolled the city he was in in search of his new side targets.

First, he took out a pedophile. That was a death he felt absolutely no remorse for. If anything, the sound of the man's agonizing screams were like music to Damian's ears. That's what he deserved, after all.

Next was a cultist. This woman had been sacrificing many innocent lives for the sake of her own insane beliefs. She also deserved her cruel fate, Damian decided.

Lastly, before the sun rose, Damian took out a thief in order to retrieve the debt his grandfather rightfully owned. It was a little late, but now he would have even more than he'd expected, so perhaps that was a bonus.

When he got his money, he fled to his safe house to strip and wash away the evidence from his body before returning to the tower.

The bright sun had just begun to rise over the horizon when he climbed into his cozy bed. Surely three missions was enough to catch up.

"Raven, will you get Damian from his room?" Koriand'r innocently asked as she used a spatula to place pancakes on a glass plate. "I knocked on his door earlier, but I guess he's still sleeping."

Raven hesitantly obeyed and dropped her fork before heading towards his room.

Over the past month, she had been ignoring him still. It was hard to gain Raven's trust. She couldn't just give it out to anyone, considering what she let happen a year ago with Terra. That's why she put such a high wall up.

"Breakfast is done," Raven spoke after knocking on his bedroom door.

From the opposite side, she could hear a few groans and footsteps. "I'm coming."

With that, Raven left the spot and returned to her meal.

When Damian finally arrived at the table, his hair was a mess and underneath his eyes were noticeable dark circles. He looked awful.

"You look like shit," Raven commented without a second thought.

"Rae, that was harsh!" Garfield said, looking at her with a surprised expression.

"What? We were all thinking it," Raven retorted before taking a sip of her steaming coffee.

Damian was quiet as he desperately devoured the food Koriand'r had provided. Her comment went into one ear and out the other. He was too tired to snap back.

"She's right. Did you not sleep good?" Dick questioned as he glanced at Damian. "Maybe you should get more rest."

After he swallowed his food, Damian answered. "No, but I'll be okay," he assured before taking another bite.

Dick sighed before leaving the bar to catch up on his work. Garfield and Jaime left to play a game, leaving Damian and Raven alone with Koriand'r.

"Just don't push yourself too hard, okay? We understand if you need a break," Koriand'r said to him sweetly before taking his empty plate, a smile on her red lips.

The kind words slowly began to pull at Damian's heart. Usually when he wasn't feeling well, it was brushed off and he had to try harder. Not because he wanted to, but because he had to.