14. Adrenaline

"Raven! Above you!"

Swiftly, Raven used her dark energy to block a hit coming from a large monster that was previously stampeding through Jump City. After blocking the hit, the monster then returned its attention to Starfire, who was blasting it repeatedly with her star-bolts. Raven let out a shaky sigh of relief as she tried to catch her own breath.

Why was she so weak?

"You okay?" Blue Beetle questioned as he approached her from behind.

"Yeah," Raven assured him and forced a smile, "Always."

Before he could reply, he was forced to raise his cannon in the air and hit the monster with his blasts. After Blue Beetle and Beast Boy finished it off with their powers, the team took a breather.

"Good work, team. Our part is done," Starfire spoke and gave everyone a smile. "Let's go get something to eat!"

"Pizza!" Beast Boy asserted as he returned to his human form.

"I second that," Blue Beetle added, waiting for Starfire's approval.

"Hmm," Starfire hummed as her gaze shifted from one boy to the other, "I suppose pizza is a good reward."

"Heck yeah!"

The two boys quickly used their abilities to take off in the direction of the nearest pizza joint. Starfire started on her way before glancing down at a tired Raven. "Are you coming?"

Raven glanced at her. "Yeah, I'll catch up. Go on ahead of me. I'll be okay."

Starfire wore a worried look as she left the two of them alone. Redbird turned to look at Raven, an amused look on his face.

"Let's go," Redbird spoke as he took his bike off from the kickstand.

Raven tilted her head in confusion. "What?"

"You said you wanted to learn how to drive it. Get on," Redbird said and waited for her to follow. Raven blinked at him.

"Right now? Here?"

"Yes, now hurry up," Redbird retorted and urged for her to hurry up.

Raven hesitantly approached the bike and looked at him with an uncertain expression. Redbird passed her the helmet and held the bike up for her, gesturing for her to get on it.

Once she was on the seat, panic began to settle in. "I have no idea what I'm doing."

"Bend your knees and curve your back a little," Redbird explained as he climbed onto the seat behind her, leaving proper space between them. "That's the best way to ride."

After doing as he said, she reached out hesitantly and grabbed the handlebars. "This is your clutch, and this is your throttle," Redbird explained and reached out to gesture towards each one.

Raven's cheeks flushed at the feeling of his gloved hand resting on top of hers and demonstrating how to use it. "Don't get the throttle too high or you'll lose control. Use it like this."

When he realized he was touching her, he quickly pulled away, as if she were on fire.

"Finally, you use this peg to shift gears. You'll be able to tell when you need to by the sound," he said before scooting away from her. "Now just use that peg to kickstart it."