Just Us

Cassandra

"Castro!"
I turned, facing the Weasley twins.
"We thought you died, Castro."
The corners of my mouth quirked up, "Something like that."
"That's incredibly dark for this early in the morning, guess she hasn't changed," Fred laughed along with George.
"Have lunch with us, go on," George showed me to their table.
I smiled through the ongoing thought that wouldn't die out in my head: You're betraying all of them.
"Say, is that Cassandra Castro!" Ron exclaimed.
"The one and only," I managed to reply.
"Did you settle in alright?" Hermione asked sweetly.
"Just fine," I replied, stolid-faced.
"Cassandra, we're all heading to the lake after classes if you'd like to-"
"No thanks, Potter. I'm busy."
He squinted slightly at me before shrugging it off and returning to his lunch.
I earned a few looks from the others which I chose to ignore, my sight fixated on my unappetizing lunch.
"I'm not hungry, heading to class early," I stated before jogging out of the Dining Hall.

I walked unsteadily towards Sluggorn's class.
"Class doesn't start for another ten minutes, Ms. Castro," Snape's stern voice reminded me.
I nodded, deciding to wait outside.
"Actually" -he called out, making me turn to face him- "a word, Ms. Castro."
I walked toward him, into his classroom,"Yes professor?"
"I am aware of the task you and Mr. Malfoy share, The Dark Lord has specifically asked something of me" -his dark eyes studied me, making me internally uneasy.
"I will make sure the task is completed, failure is not an option in this case, that's understood between the two of you, yes?" his eyes lingered, seeking validation.
"Yes profesor Snape."
"Very well, I assume you will pass the message along to Mr. Malfoy."
"I will do so," I agreed, leaving the cold classroom with goosebumps down my spine.

I waited for Draco inside an empty classroom, keeping my eye on the hallway from the door way.

Draco

I unenthusiastically walked towards Potions with Slughorn.
"Malfoy."
I turned to see Cass, motioning me to enter the classroom with a swift movement of her head.
"What is it, Castro?" I asked boringly.
She closed the door behind her, meeting my eyes shortly after.
"He's got Snape to watch us. As if we need babysitting-"
"Who?"
She sighed, rolling her eyes.
"He who shall not be named, The Dark Lord, Voldemort. For fucks sake Malfoy, how are you this dense-"
"Fucking hell, Cassandra," I hissed.
She went for the door, hand on the knob before she turned toward me once again,
"If all of this goes to shit, it'll be your fault."
I snickered, "Isn't that the whole point? Making it all go to shit?" I mocked. "Feels like it already has," I added, swiftly leaving the room, leaving her behind.

***

"Today we will be learning about Amortentia. Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in the world. It is distinctive for its mother-of-pearl sheen, and steam rises from the potion in spirals. Amortentia smells different to each person, according to what attracts them," Slughorn's strident voice explained.
"Anyone care to give the class an example?"
He stared around the silent room.
"Mr. Malfoy, perhaps you'd like to share?"
I cursed, leaning into the bubbling caldron.
"Vanilla-" I leaned in again- "Tobacco, and-"
I stopped for a moment,
  "-Parchment." My eyes darted to Cass before I blinked and brought them back to the floor.
  "Now, Amortentia doesn't create actual love, that would be impossible. But, it does cause powerful infatuation or obsession and for that reason, it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room."

I sunk in my seat, wishing for this ridiculous class to end. I rolled my eyes as I watched a line of my classmates lining up to smell the potion. I watched Cass falter as she went in the inhale the potion.