Happy Birthday

Cassandra

"Happy birthday, ferret."
Draco sheepishly thanked me as he rubbed his morning puffed-up eyes.
I snuggled up next to him, watching out for a flinch or any slight sign of discomfort, but there was none. I allowed myself a small smile, thanking Merlin Dracos eyes had closed once again.
"Are you one, are you two..."

I punched him softly on the shoulder, whispering a muggle-birthday tradition Draco and I had found hilarious when we were younger.
"Are you 16!"
Last punch is always the hardest, I don't make the rules.
"I think this is the only thing I didn't miss about our friendship."
"I can name a few others," I laughed, making him roll his eyes.

I watched as he crawled off the bed, bringing his arms up to stretch once he was at his feet. I watched as he slipped on his slippers and ran a hand through his pale hair. I watched as his slim body made its way to the bathroom without closing the door behind him. It seemed as all I did was watch him recently, and I hated it. I huffed as my feet took me to him. I lent against the wallpaper covered wall as he splashed his face and went on with his morning routine.

I had memorized it by now.

Splash face, brush teeth, ruffle up hair, after, I would exit the bathroom since it was the time for him to shower. Once he was finished in the sink he turned toward me with a risen eyebrow- probably confused as to why I hadn't left the bathroom, according to his normal routine. I held eye contact, terrified of my current thoughts. The idea of staying flashed through my mind, It was a feeling of wanting to know it all, even something as minuscule as knowing what tune he hummed in the shower or if he hummed anything at all.

"Are you staying for the show or?"
He smirked his infamous smirk causing me to push down those thoughts and wish I never thought them again, or in the first place for that matter.
"I was just thinking about- nothing, I was thinking of nothing."
"Right, Cass, can always count on you to be truthful," he chuckled.
I nodded quickly, disregarding his sarcasm. I blinked, reaching for the door-
"So it's my birthday right? Usually on birthdays the birthday person gets presents, right?" he smirked.
"You know, you'd think I would've gotten the whole birthday concept as a result of having a whole 15 of them but, hey-"
"So, where's my present?"
"You may have a hug, a kiss on the cheek if you say please."
His smirked melted into a grin, "I think I have a better idea," he slurred, making his way toward me. He pressed his hand on the wall behind me, towering over me.
In a saner state, I would've blurted one of my sly remarks and maybe even laughed, but I didn't, because I wanted to see what he would do next, out of curiosity, of course.
"I want..."
He leaned in, creating the smallest gap between our noses. He dragged his words, only building anticipation which I didn't appreciate.
"Go on."
He smirked once again, now knowledgeable of my sudden interest.
"A little impatient aren't we?"

I rolled my eyes, Draco could turn any interesting, arousing even, situation into the biggest bore in the world. I placed my hand on his chest, doing my best to control my laughter at his widened eyes.
"What is it you want Draco?"
I dragged my hand up his neck to the side of his face and smirked as his eyes traveled to my lips.
"Hm?"

Still no answer

I fiddled with his bottom lip with my thumb, gaining confidence as he stood, in awe.

"You could just tell me to stop."
I scoffed, pushing him aside. I yelped as he grabbed me by my neck, slamming me back in the wall.
"I Have a pretty good idea as to what I want my present to be, Cass."
"Oh, yea?"
"Mhm."
His hand was wrapped tightly around my throat, which I whined about.
"You're hurting me," I explained.
"This is my present, I make the rules, got it?"
I nodded subtly, making him smirk. He loosened his grip on my throat, allowing me to catch my breath.
"Well, what are you waiting for? Get in the shower."
He grinned making me burst into a fit of laughs. His face went blank and turned a slight shade of pink, in embarrassment.
"See ya, Malfoy."
"Where do you think you're going?"

His stern voice whined from behind me. He pulled me by my waist slamming my back into the wall once again.
"Where's my gift?"
  "My back is going to start suffering a great deal because of you."
He stood unfazed. I rolled my eyes, debating on going along with his birthday wish.
"Fine."
I groaned before grabbing his face down to mine. He stood still for a second before taking ahold of my waist again as our lips swayed together.
"I want you, Cass."
He slurred between a kiss.
"Beg," I teased and without hesitation he broke away from the kiss, gripping my neck.
"Get out."
"Huh?"
"I don't want you that bad."

I stood dumbfounded for a few seconds before walking away from the bathroom. I felt a wave of embarrassment wash over me, making me anxious. I debating on ignoring and acting like the kiss had never happened or going back there and finished what we started. I groaned as my feet made their way back to the bathroom with the fancy wallpaper which held someone I want. I decided, for once, I wouldn't ignore what I wanted. I swung the door open, revealing Draco with his shirt off. He turned to me with thinned eyes. I made my way toward him, pushing him against the wall and taking ahold of the sides of his face.

"I do want you that bad."

He smirked before connecting our lips, I felt nervous and aroused all at once, I thanked my inability to control myself with Draco for finally being the reason I got what I wanted. Him.