It's Done, For Good

Cassandra

I jogged away from Draco with a load of guilt on my shoulders. I had no clue what to say to him at that moment. Mostly because I myself, didn't know what I wanted.

I entered the Common Room to find Blaise sprawled out on one of the large, leather sofas. "Look who we have here, I'm waiting for Draco. Any idea where he might be?" he asked knowingly.
  "Astronomy Tower," I muttered, making myself barely audible.
  "So did you guys talk?" Blaise questioned, with curious eyes.
  "Talking was involved, sure," I stalled.
  "Oh come on, did he apologize or not?" he huffed, impatiently. I nodded quickly, looking down.   
  "Finally, he's done something right!" Blaise exclaimed, making me chuckle.
  "So? back to best friends?" He wiggled his eyebrows at me.
  "I ran off," I admitted, the guilty feeling making an appearance once again.
  "You did what?" Blaise frowned.
  "I didn't know what to say, I just left him there," I explained, burying my face in my hands.
  "And I thought he was the idiot," he snorted.
  "How come you didn't know what to say?"
  "I don't know, I've imagined him apologizing in my head at least a hundred times, but when the moment came, I just- I froze. I keep reminding myself all the pain he's caused me so I push back the thought of just forgiving him," I continued, surprising myself with how much trust I was giving Blaise at that moment.
  "Do you still care about him?" he asked, making me shift, uncomfortably. I wasn't exactly used to sharing my feeling or thoughts.
  "No, he's selfish, and rude, and- and blonde, and annoying," I stated, making up my mind.

I was not going to waste my time on someone who is just bound to leave me again. No matter how much I wanted to.

  "You're wasting more time trying to convince yourself you don't want him back."
  "You and your ridiculous theories, mind your own business Zabini," I spat. I cringed at how cruel I sounded, I only snapped at him because he was right. But I was too stubborn and prideful to admit that.
  "Have it your way," Blaise uttered, swiftly making his way back to his room, leaving me alone.

I sighed as I made my way to my own bed. It was better this way. I was better off without the tall, thin Slytherin who made my skin crawl.

Draco

I stood alone in the Astronomy Tower with my thoughts. I hated the relationship I had with Cassandra. If you could even call it that. One day I despised her and found joy in insulting her. But the other I talked to her as if we've never stopped being best friends. The truth is that she's the most confusing yet addicting person I've ever met. She makes me frustrated and annoyed but I still find myself unbelievably drawn to her.
I had finally made my decision. But in technicality, she had made it for me. We were done. No more wondering what we could've been. It's done, for good.

I made my way to my room and for once, Cassandra was the last thing on my mind.