It Wasn't Supposed to Happen

Draco

I know two things. One, I know that Cassandra and I got intoxicated and desperately deflowered each other in the Slytherin Common room whilst all our classmates slept last night. And two, it wasn't supposed to happen like that.

I wondered where she was, the hot-headed girl that was supposed to be my so called best friend. I cursed at myself for allowing it to happen. I had undoubtedly dreamt of it countless times. Dreaming of her in her most vulnerable state, under me as her cries for my name woke up our classmates- Yet, none of them taking place whilst we weren't on good terms and/or drunk. I fantasized of it happening once we finally got together, for real together. Not confusing casual romantics, something stable. I imagined it would possibly occur after the vanishing cabinet task was over along with whatever came after it.

But perhaps we'll both be too broken for each other then.

I shook that thought away, making my way to her. I spotted her along a couple of redheads by the lake. I scoffed, "Castro, a word," I requested once I was close enough to be heard. Her eyes never met mine.
  "One second," she said to the Weasleys before jogging up to me.
We walked in silence as we distanced ourselves from the pitiful friend group in which consisted of brothers and a sister. I turned, stepping in front of her. Her eyes seemed glued to the ground.
  "Cass-"
  "Don't call me that."
I felt panic arising inside me. "We need to talk."
Her usual quick lipped self was nowhere insight.
  "I just- I need to know, are you angry at me?" I questioned. She finally brought her head to face me and the panic suddenly grew into uneasiness. 
  "I'm unsure."
I hesitated, no words felt right to say. I waited for her to break the silence but it was starting to feel like she wouldn't.
  "I'm not blaming you," her cracking voice managed. She brought her head back down as she sniffled quietly.
I was attacked with a pang of hatred then, not towards her, but myself.
  "It's just-" she choked.
  "It was my first time and I barely remember it, Draco I-"
  "I'm sorry, i'm so sorry. I didn't meant to hurt you." My eyes scanned her tear stained face.

I hated myself the most then. I had disappointed her,  I had made her cry, I had made her regret having sex with me. It wasn't supposed to happen this way.

I was snapped from my trance by the Weasleys coming toward us.
  "Cassandra? What's wrong?" one of them questioned. I turned toward them to find their concerned expressions, I rolled my eyes.
  "It's nothing." She turned away from them, hiding her face.
  "What the fuck did you do to her, Malfoy?" Fred barked. I sighed angrily, "This isn't any of your business, Weasel."
Granger watched me intensively. "Why is she crying? Tell us, you-"
  "Why is the mudblood speaking?" I roared.
Cass stiffened beside me, yet, no protest. No roars or defenses against my insult to her friend.
  "What the fuck did you just say?" One of them growled. The pathetic little gang began throwing all the insults they could possibly fathom in regards of defending their ginger friend.
  "I can't fucking deal with this," I huffed, starting to walk away.
  "Look at me, Draco."
I froze, turning to see Cass right in front of me.
She began barking at me, making me completely ignore her. Truthfully, I didn't give a shit that Granger was a muggle born. I have no care for her exhausting friend group.
  "you were my first," I stated, which seemed to finally do the trick in shutting her up. I attempted to ignore the confusion plastered on the faces of the Weasleys. 
  "Bullshit," she croaked.
  "I lied before, I swear it."
  "Could you all possibly give us some space?" she ordered, her friends soon out of sight.
My heart held a fear of its own as her look taunted me.
  "What could possibly be your reason for lying about it in the first place, Draco?"
I shrugged, my words balled up inside me.
An attempt in inducing jealousy upon you? Perhaps just a desperate way for you to believe I was thriving without you?
  "Does it fucking matter?"
To think most of my actions and thoughts are influenced by her in some way killed me. It's certainly terrifying to think how much one person holds so much power over me. I wonder if she even has a clue.
She took a deep breath, her evident feelings tucked away in the back of her mind. "I think it's absurd we're talking about this right now. We have far more important things to worry over, not some silly and not to mention unnecessarily overthought event."
Her eyes were dry now, "It happened, it's over. Move on."
The girl in front of me is unrecognizable. It's debatable wether masking emotions is Cassandra's best or worst skill.
  "Done."