What are you doing?

Draco

"Morning."
Cassandra's morning voice awoke me in a state of confusion. I slowly recalled yesterday's events.

Shit.

"Uh, good morning."
I awkwardly slid out of bed and made my way to the bathroom, making sure to lock the door behind me. I stared back at my reflection and cursed at myself. This was all too weird. Merlin knows how badly I wanted her, more than anything. All i've gotten is a heated make out and I already want out. This isn't supposed to happen, Cassandra and I. It's too much and I don't want to hurt her. I paced around the bathroom trying to organize my feelings in a matter of 5 minutes before I have to meet her face to face. Fuck this.

"Draco?"
My eyes darted between the door and the mirror.
"Yea?"
"Is everything fine?"
"Just dandy."

I watched the door sprung open making me roll my eyes.
"Can't a guy get 5 minutes of privacy around here?"
I watched her face fall which made me panic.
Out of all the things Cassandra is good at, her ability in switching her emotions in a matter of seconds, overpowers them all.
Her surprised face with a splash of hurt turned into a disgusted one in a blink.
"Get the fuck out of my house then, twat."

Is this what I wanted?

"Fuck-"
"Do you really think I care? I've been waiting until you finally decided to sleep in your own home. We all know you're scared of your little daddy but that's your problem not mine," she spat.

Deep down, I knew we would never work. Not because of my wannabe selfless facade regarding her, or how we both seem to hide our feelings most of the time, but because Cassandra is heartless.

Still, I wish we would, I think.

"Take it back."
"Why would I, it's true isn't it?"
"At least I don't throw myself at people, I said I didn't want you that badly, that is true."

Cassandra

No matter how many times I convince myself it'll be different this time, I always turn out to be wrong. Every time. The truth is, maybe a little part of each of us is too afraid to give 100%, to trust and to simply just be with each other. Whatever it is keeping us from being what I wanted us to be, I'm done wanting it.

I wish I could say I was surprised that yesterday everything was perfect and today is the complete opposite.
"Just get out."
He left in a matter of seconds, leaving me alone with the essence of yesterday's memories.

***

I strolled boringly along the massive manor. Just repetitive wallpaper and fancy, black-leather couches.
"What are you doing?"
I turned to face my mom whom I had not seen since yesterday.
"Swimming."
She rolled her eyes at me.
"Are you okay? You look down."
"I'm ecstatic, couldn't be happier, really."
"Cassandra."
I knew exactly what her next line would be 'sarcasm is so cheap'
"Sarcasm is so cheap."

So predictable.

"Off with my head!" I joked.
"Would you tell me what's the matter and stop being such a burden to be around."
I sighed in exhaustion. "Everything is fine, just bored."
"Where's Draco?"
There's the dreaded question.
"He's gone home."
"Why?"
"To everyone's surprise, he doesn't live here!"
"You guys are so happy together, it makes me so glad," she grinned.
I debated on breaking the news that Draco is a useless, ferret. Why would I even think about it for a second?
"What's this together? We're friends, barely."
"Oh please! Everyone knows you both are bound to be together."
"Don't hold your breath."

Draco

I lay on my bed, debating whether today's earlier events were even worth thinking about. 'We're better off like this' Is what I kept telling myself, the truth in that statement was debatable.
"I'm surprised you're even here, it's apparent the only time your content is with Cassandra, like old times." My fathers deep voice, echoed through my room.
  "Yes, 'Like old times' you four should form a Cassandra-Draco fan club."
"Don't be ridiculous, child. It's a simple observation," he corrected.
"You're aware the Dark Lord will be here in a weeks time, correct?"
There it is, the only thing that held a larger space in my head than Cassandra.
"Yes, father."