Touché

Cassandra

I spent my time counting down the days until i'd be able to finally go home. I was so sick of Malfoy and his lame insults and stupid face.

I had also gotten quite sick of Cedric. His perfect smile and perfect hair. It was absurd how someone could be so perfect, but I despised him nonetheless. I still couldn't manage to take off the necklace he had gifted to me on Christmas. It seemed like so long ago, but I unfortunately missed him terribly.

My thoughts were interrupted by the Weasley twins,  
  "What are you thinking about?" George asked and I replied with a glare.
  "Well aren't you delightful?" Fred exclaimed, sarcastically.
  "Out of my way, you red-headed idiots," I hissed in annoyance. It seemed like everything annoyed me lately.
  "Told you she was just like him," I heard George say to Fred.
  "What was that?" I asked as my thinned eyes stared up at them.
  "Malfoy, You're just like Malfoy. Clearly a stuck up little brat hiding behind daddy's money," Fred uttered, holding eye contact.
  "Don't you ever insult me like that," I threatened in disgust earning them to roll their eyes.
  "I am nothing like Malfoy," I added shortly after, making them chuckle at my remark.
  "You sure seem like it," Fred teased.
  "You dark-haired idiot," George mocked, causing me to fail at hiding my smile.
  "Touché."
  "Guess she's not that bad, right Fred?" the twin asked his brother.
  "Right, George," Fred agreed.
  "Gee, thanks."
  "Thought you'd want some company," George started.
  "You know, since you haven't got any friends." Fred finish for him.
  "Who says I want any? Especially you two," I joked.
  "Why wouldn't you want me as a friend? Oh, I know. You want to be more than friends, don't you?" Fred winked, earning Georges roaring laughter.  
  "Don't flatter yourself, I'm not into gingers," I smirked, walking away.
  "Incredibly rude, aren't you?" Fred spoke as they both suddenly appeared at my sides.
  "Many would say so," George agreed.
  "Get lost carrot-tops," I laughed at my remark.
  "Outstandingly original as well," George sneered.
  "Indeed," Fred added.

They both walked beside me as I headed to the quidditch field. I wanted to sit under the clouded sky for a while.

  "There's Malfoy. Blonde mop identified, abort mission." I laughed as they both took ahold of my hands and ran, leading me away from my destination.
  "Blonde mop. I'll definitely be using that one," I complimented.
  "Stealing our jokes now are you?"

They kept me company for a bit and I let myself become their friend. I laughed at their jokes and they laughed at mine.

  "Do you both plan on staying here all night, or are we going to supper?" I asked, realizing how hungry I was.
  "Only if you sit with us," Fred pleaded.
  "I don't know, I don't think your friends would exactly enjoy my presence," I stated, hinting at my robes. Their friends weren't exactly too keen on Slytherins, just how I wasn't too keen on them.
  "Oh come on, as if you care," George insisted.
  "True. Alright, let's go."

We walked to the Dining hall and I couldn't help but be excited to see the golden trios face once they saw me. I chuckled evilly.

The three of us joined Hermione, Harry, and Ron. The three of them gave me a questioning look before turning to the twins.
  "Thought we'd find you stuffing your face, brother," Fred joked as I watched Ron roll his eyes, taking another bite of the drumstick in his hand.
  "Why's she here?" Harry asked the twins.
  "She has a name," I scolded.
Harry glared at me, "Why's Castro here?" he asked again.
  "Charity work," Fred responded casually, earning a laugh from everyone but me.
  "Funny. I recall you two were the ones begging me to sit with you."
  "Please, would you rather sit with Malfoy?" Fred asked knowingly.
"With the ferret? No thanks" I laughed and they all joined me.
  "Thought you'd be best friends with the twat," Ron stated.
  "Just because we're in the same house doesn't mean I'm very fond of him Ronald," I snapped, making him thin his eyes at me when I used his full name.
  "I hate Malfoy," Hermione stated randomly.
  "I'm sure he hates himself as well," I nodded, offering her a small smile.
  "I heard he beat up Cedric because of you," Hermione started, returning my smile.
  "Never took you as one for gossip," I joked.
  "Weren't you the reason Cedric beat up Malfoy the first day back at school as well?" Ron added.
  "I guess so," I snorted.
  "Brilliant," Harry exclaimed.
  "Well, I'm intrigued. Go on, tell us what happened," George insisted making me chuckle.
  "Not much of a story, they're just both idiots," I explained.
  "Liar."

"Cedric fought Draco the first time because he was making some inappropriate comments about me. Draco beat Cedric up the second time because he and I had gotten in an argument. He's never exactly liked Cedric, I guess he was the first person he thought about taking his anger out on" I explained further.

"What did you and Malfoy argue about?" Harry asked. I laughed at how nosy they were. "I can't even remember, something stupid, it always is with him" I lied.

The rest of dinner went surprisingly well.

Draco

I couldn't seem to take my eyes off of the only brunette Slytherin in the Gryffindor table.

I shook my leg impatiently as I tried to make up an excuse as to why I'd walk over to their table. Blaise kept trying to get my attention by calling my name but I ignored him, still mad at his inability to keep his mouth shut. "Well she's not going to talk to you if all you do is stare at her, creep" Blaise stated, finally catching my attention.

  "I don't know what you're talking about" I lied.   
  "Apologize, it'll fix everything" Blaise suggested. I shook my head, trying my best to not let Blaise's silly advise get to me.

I drifted my attention back toward her. She was distracted by one of the Weasley twins who was whispering something in her ear. My jealousy spiked and I found myself almost getting to my feet when my imagination wandered over all the things he could be saying to her. She laughed at whatever he had said and he gave her a wink. She shoved his shoulder playfully and I stared in disgust. What this her attempt at flirting?

I laughed but my smile disappeared once I saw Hermione's brown eyes staring at me. I rose a brow in confusion and she gave me a disgusted look before turning back toward her lousy friends, plus Cass. I wondered if Cass had said anything about me, which would explain Hermione's horrid face watching me.

I shrugged it off, my mind lingering on Blaises words.

"Apologize, it'll fix everything"