No Cassandra, I didnt know

Cassandra

"Nothing gets past you, huh?" I pointed to my bed, hinting how he had noticed my new sheets.
"Not with you," he stated casually. "Do you want to eaves drop? For old times sake," he offered with a toothy grin. The childhood memories came flooding back, Draco and I with our ears pressed on doors. I laughed and nodded.

We sneakily made our way down the stairs, stopping midway which allowed us to hear our parents hushed voices clearer.

We sat besides each other, knees touching.

"You can't be serious Henry!" Lucius spat.
"She's just a kid!" my father replied. I turned to Draco with wide eyes.
"Do you think they're talking about me?" I whispered into his ear. He nodded subtly.

"They are in this together, we will tell them tonight," Narcissa spoke softly.
"I second that," my mum added.

I grabbed his hand and led us into my room.

Draco

My heart pounded as I stared at Cassandras worried expression.
"I'm sure it's nothing," I lied.
"Even you don't believe yourself," she stated.

A sudden knock on her door startled us.
"Come in," she ordered. A house elf appeared in front of us letting us know dinner was ready.

"Well, sit," My father demanded once we arrived at the dining room. We took a seat beside each other and I gave her a reassuring smile which she surprisingly returned.

We all ate silently until Lou spoke up.
"There is something we need to tell you," she started, referring to Cassandra and I.

I suddenly didn't want to know. It was clear the news wasn't exactly something to celebrate over. As foolish as it may be, I felt like a child again, over at my best friends Manor.

"Go on" Cassandra insisted, impatiently.

I think Cass has always been grown up, even as a child.

"Not now," Henry uttered.
"If not now, when?" my father responded angrily.
"After dinner, silence," my mum demanded.

We finished eating quietly and I could tell how eager Cassandra was because of the shake in her leg.
"Will you relax?" I hissed. She shot me a glare and I chuckled in attempt to ease her obvious nerves.

After the house elves cleared the dining table, Henry spoke up.
"I don't know how to tell you this Cassandra," he admitted.
"We haven't been completely honest with you," Lou stated with a soft expression. I felt Cassandra stiffen next to me.
"For fucks sake!" my father uttered before reaching for Henry's arm and rolling up his sleeve.

My eyes widened as I stared at the Dark Mark branded on his forearm. My eyes darted to Cassandra and I blinked as I watched her expression turn emotionless. For once, Cassandra was speechless too. 

It was all for nothing. The rude comments, my best attempt at ignoring her to keep her safe. It didn't matter because her parents were just like mine. I don't think i've ever hated Cassandras parents more than now. I knew how the rest of my life would unfold. I would become a death eater and have to worship the Dark Lord for the rest of my miserable life, just like my parents do. I regretted the selfish thoughts flooding my head.

At least I won't go through it alone, I have her.

"Let me see yours," she uttered to her mum.

Lou shyly rolled up her sleeve to reveal the same disgusting mark my parents had. I watched as I saw Cassandra turned toward my mum. I saw all the emotion return to her face and then a second later, as if nothing happened, she returned to her soulless state.

"Cassandra-" my father started.
"Shut the fuck up," Cassandra demanded before abruptly leaving the table and making her way upstairs to her room.

I began sarcastically slow-clapping making the four of them turn to look at me with confusion plastered on their faces.

"You've done it! Best parents of the year goes to-"
"Don't you think we know? All I wanted was to protect her from all of this!" Henry started and I couldn't help but laugh.
"By lying? Could you be more stupid?" I spat angrily.
"Draco, not another word," my mum ordered with a stern look which I ignored.
"I had more respect for you two than my own parents. Want to know why? Because I thought you two were different. I thought you two were one of the only pure blood Slytherins that didn't pathetically worship the Dark Lord-"
"Not another word!" my father demanded, using my mum's words.
"But you've lost all of it, because at least they aren't liars," I said, pointing to my parents. With one disgusted glance I made my way to Cassandra.

Cassandra

I didn't bother with crying, it was pointless. Instead I entertained my brain with ways I could make my parents disown me. A daughter of pure blood Slytherin Death eaters. What a stereotype.

He rushed into my room, locking the door behind him, and just like that all the anger returned. I watched as he brushed his hair out of his face with one hand in frustration. Then his eyes met mine.

"You knew as well didn't you?"

His took a few steps back as if I had just stabbed him. He blinked a couple times and I watched as his distressed, eyes turned cold. He exhaled in desperation and shook his head with a defeated look.

"You think I knew?
No Cassandra, I didn't know."
"Liar."
He locked eyes with mine once again and I couldn't decipher what emotion he was feeling.
"You will never trust me, will you?"
"Not for a second." 

He would always be a liar. A fake friend. And most of all: pathetic.
A pathetic little boy. I wanted to throw all the insults that were burning to come out at him. But his eyes latched onto mine stopped me. I didn't want to see his eyes turn blank, like they always did.

"Get out," I demanded, desperately needing alone time to think.
"No."
"I fucking told you to leave!"
"And I fucking said no!"

I thinned my eyes at him, my patience wearing thin.

"For someone who has her nose in books all day, you surely are dense. Don't you understand? All of it was to protect you, I stopped being your best friend because I knew how my life would play out. I didn't want to put you in any danger, all of it was for you! Why can't you give me a break? Why can't you realize that?" he explained, his voice cracking as tears filled his icy eyes.

My heart felt heavy. It felt like my knees would give out any second, but I just stared back at him in disbelief. I had numbed myself of any emotion until now. All I wanted to do was to hold him and never let go, but I couldn't move.

"Don't you have anything to say to me?" he cried, his voice cracking once again.
"Get out."