Shut Up, Zabini

Cassandra

I spent my days happily with the Weasleys along with Harry and Hermione. Draco Malfoy was not a constant thought in mind and I liked it that way. I regretted even thinking about him as much as I did. He'll always just be a jerk, one that I don't want in my life.
                                         ***

  "Anything exciting planned this summer?" George asked me whilst we packed our belongings together.

It was the second to last day before school was over and I could not be happier.

  "I'll have a lot of free time to read," I gleamed sarcastically, but I was actually looking forward to catching up on my books.
  "What a loser," George insulted. I shot him a glare.
  "Stay with us, at the burrow," Fred offered, surprising me. I had grown quite close with the Weasleys but i'd never expect him to invite me to their home.

A slight blushed creeped up on my face, "I would love to, but I can't. Parents want me home." I gave him a sympathetic smile.
  "I'll miss you," Hermione admitted with a small smile.
  "Same here, but maybe we could arrange something and meet up," Ron suggested.
  "Maybe," I responded, knowing that could never happen, it would just be too complicated.
  "Cheer up, we've got one more day left. Plus we'll see you next fall," Harry stated.

(Fred, George, and Cedric are only 1 year older than them in this story btw so they'll be going into their 7th year and Cassandra, Draco, and the others will be going into 6th)

                                           ***

Draco

I hurriedly packed my bags along with Blaise.
  "Mate, we've still got time, slow down," Blaise laughed.
  I rolled my eyes, "I cannot wait to get out of this embarrassment of a school," I huffed.
  "Are you going to talk to Cassandra before we leave?" Blaise asked, surprising me with the question.

He had found out about me apologizing to Cassandra and how she hadn't spoken to me since, but he never brought it up once.

  "Now, why would I ever do that?" I questioned, annoyed he had made me think of her. The least person I wanted to associate with was Cassandra, I hated her. And I hope I meant it this time.
  "Just think you should talk to her is all, ya know, patch things up?" Blaise insisted hopefully.
  "You're pathetic for even trying."
  "I talked to her, she still cares, if you were wondering," he said making me freeze. I tried ignoring how my heart race sped up but it was useless.
  "What did she say to you?" I asked, my curiosity getting the best of me.
  "Ask her yourself," he teased, turning back to his suitcase.
  "You're supposed to be my friend Blaise, if you need a reminder," I insisted.
  "She didn't flat out say it, but it's so insanely obvious. Same for you," he stated casually.

I'm supposed to hate her for real this time. I reminded myself.

  "So will you? Talk to her?" Blaise asked hopefully.
  "No," I shrugged, exiting our room.

I planted my body on a large, leather sofa. I thought about going back home and though I wasn't exactly ecstatic about Hogwarts, home wasn't any better. When I was younger I spent most of my time at Cassandra's house, but I didn't have that option anymore.

  "Malfoy, i'm going for a walk do you want to come along?" Blaise asked. I nodded, simply because I had nothing else to do.

We walked outside to see students laughing and chatting among themselves.

  "There she is." Blaise pointed at Cassandra. She was laying in the quidditch field with her nose in a book. I saw Blaise heading her way causing me to drag him back.
  "What exactly are you doing?" I questioned.
  "Just going for a walk," he smiled innocently.
  "If you want to go talk to her, I'll wait here," I stated coldly.
  "You're that scared of her?" he joked.
  "I could snap her in half if I pleased," I stated, cockily.
  "Go on then," he said, dragging me toward her. Before I could argue we were already standing next to her.
Blaise had to clear his throat to get her attention away from that damned book.
  "Yes?" she asked, looking at Blaise.
  "How's it going?" Blaise asked casually, taking a seat next to her.
  "Fantastic," she replied sarcastically. I saw Blaise scratch the back of his neck awkwardly. I chuckled at his nervousness. I stood there dumbfounded as they made small talk.

I was growing impatient but they were now talking about summer plans so I decided to lay on the field and look at the sky.
  "Mate, what are you doing?" Blaise asked stupidly.  
  "Have you gone blind, Zabini? I'm watching the sky," I spat.
  "Is it true your parents have dinner with the Malfoy's often?" Blaise asked making me mentally slap myself. I really need to stop telling Blaise things.     
  "All the time, how'd you know that?" she asked softly. Blaise stayed silent.
  "Oh right, forgot about Malfoy's big mouth," she taunted. I bit my tongue, keeping me from saying anything.
  "So, do you guys see each other like brother and sister since you basically grew up together?" Blaise asked.
  "No!" Cassandra and I yelled in unison.
  "Was Draco a little brat?" Blaise joked.
  "He is a brat," Cassandra corrected, making him laugh.
  "She threw a tantrum once because her mum wouldn't let her have any more sweets," I smirked.
  "Remember when you cried because your dad wouldn't let you sleep over for the entire summer," she smirked back.
  "And then you begged him to let me, and he did," I blinked.
"Wow, aren't you guys just adorable?" Blaise squirmed.
  "Shut up, Zabini," Cassandra and I said in unison making me fail at hiding my smile.

It was times like this where I forgot about our fights. Sometimes, I pretended we were best friends and secretly, I hope she did too.