Guess who

Cassandra

I felt oddly calm, almost as if my life wasn't completely falling apart, at least I was telling myself it wasn't.

I woke up, surprised to see Draco in my house. This was the second day he stayed over, something he hadn't done since we were kids. I was about to say something nasty as I usually would before I reminded myself of our reconcilement yesterday.
Draco and I were best friends again? That would take some getting used to. He had on an oversized black t-shirt with green and black-plaid pajama bottoms. It had been so long since i'd seen him in any thing but Slytherin robes and black suits. I walked past him, on my way to the kitchen. It felt weird to say 'good morning' or 'how'd you sleep?' so I didn't say anything at all.

Draco

She walked past me without acknowledging me which I shrugged off since I had woken up in a shockingly good mood. I stayed up half the night coming to terms with our current relationship. I decided being friends was a good step, so I wouldn't whine, at least not yet.
She was looking through the endless options of cereal in the pantry. Her back was turned to me as I sneakily tip toed toward her and covered her eyes with my hands.

  "Guess who."
  "Oh, who could it be? Cedric, did you come to visit me?" she exclaimed sarcastically.

She turned to face me with a smirk creeping her lips. I rolled my eyes at the sound of his name.
  "Don't be mad bestie, only joking."
  "Don't call me that, Cass."
  "Okay, do you prefer Drakey?" she beamed, making me fail at hiding my smile.
  "No," I stated, reaching over her head to grab a box of cereal.
  "Reminds me of Pansy," I whispered in her ear.

I chuckled as I watched her smirk melt into a thin line.
  "Only joking, bestie," I mocked.

She quickly snatched the box from my hands making me groan.

  "That's mine, you twat."
  "It's my house, ferret."

I grabbed two bowls and two spoons as she got the milk. We sat together, on the the kitchen island when Lou walked in.
  "Good morning," she greeted, giving both of us a kiss on our heads. I saw Cass stiffen beside me, but she didn't object.
  "It's nice to see you two, like that," she expressed, making me subconsciously drift from Cass, making the gap between us larger.
With that, Cass got up, leaving her cereal behind.
  "Did I mess it up?" she asked guiltily.
  "Yes," I replied, bluntly.
  "But you two are, together?"
  "What? Do you all have bets on Cass and I getting together or something?"
She didn't reply making me assume I was right.
  "You act like children, all of you," I stated, rolling my eyes.
  "I'm happy you guys don't hate each other anymore," she stated, basically squealing.
  "You are so obvious."
  "I can't help it. How did it happen?"

I scoffed, walking to where Cass had wandered off to, earning Lou's stern voice calling out to me, which I ignored. I walked into her room to find her sprawled out on her large bed.

  "Lou thinks we're dating, I think."
  "What? Why?" she furrowed her eyebrows.
I shrugged, knowingly. She drifted off, snapping her thinking face on.
  "What's on your mind?"
  "Did you have sex with Pansy?"
She asked randomly, completely catching me off guard. I frowned, remembering my time with Pansy. It felt so long ago now.
  "Yes," I lied.

I saw her eyebrows slightly rise and her cheeks turn the lightest pink before her face turned completely blank.
  "How disgusting."
  "What is disgusting? Sex? Or that I had sex with Pansy?"
  "I find it disgusting that my lips have touched lips that have touched Pansy's."

Oh.

  "You were jealous that day"
She blinked and hesitated before she said anything, making it clear I was right.
  "I was with Cedric at the time, I couldn't have cared less."
  "Yea right, Cedric is nothing but a coward. I bet he didn't even touch you."
I hadn't thought about Cedric and Cass doing much of anything, mostly because I completely forced myself not to. She looked away making me frown. Had they actually not done anything?
  "It's true isn't it?"
  "That's none of your business, Malfoy."
  "Malfoy? What, have I upset you?" I smirked making her groan.
  "You are such an insufferable little shit"
  "Twat," I bantered.
  "Ferret."
  "Virgin."
She shot me a glare making me chuckle. I decided on saving the fact that Pansy and I hadn't actually done anything other than kiss to save myself some embarrassment.

***

That was how the days were spent. Cassandra and I, with the merciless banter and sarcastic remarks, it was like old times again. Except it wasn't old times. We both ignored the fact that the Dark Lord would visit soon, it was all so much easier that way.

***

I rested my head on Cass's shoulder as I watched her turn to the very last page of the most recent book she'd been reading. She snapped it shut after a few seconds meaning she'd come to the end.
  "Now are you going to stop being boring and we can do something other than reading?"
  "Reading isn't boring, you're just too dense to appreciate a good book."
I grabbed my wand and with a swish and flick the book flew across the room.
  "Draco! Get out, you imbecile."
She sprinted towards the book, making my head fall as I erupted from laughter. She walked to the balcony and I subconsciously followed. At night we usually always watched the stars. Cass would go on and point to the names of constellations and I would pretend to be interested.
  "Hey, Cass?"
  "Hm," she hummed.
  "Promise that no matter what happens we'll always have this."
I wanted to ensure that we'd always be Draco and Cass, no matter what.
  "I Promise."