Dead Or Alive

2.

Not so many thing Jaehyun ever regret about his life, maybe the time when government in the country he once lived with his family decided to hate immigrants and it made him and his entire family moved from one house to another while his parents looking for more money to get back to Seoul, where his roots are.

His family was everything to him, he got a man with a warm eyes as his father, a loving mother, and one little brother. They might struggle to pay bills everyday but they always have time to have meals together during dinner time, listening about each other's day, and play some board game before sleep.

One night it was another riot, sixteen years old Jaehyun knew it wasn't government this time, because there's no way those white collars dude working in such hours.

He gasped from his sleep, they were probably getting robbed.

Jaehyun staring at the narrow strip of yellow line through from his living room into his darkened room. He gulped. People with guns standing in front of his parents.

Only second after he heard a clean gunshot, his father's body slumped into the floor as the dark red liquid oozed out the wound. Jaehyun choked on his own breath. Shrieked came from his mother's mouth followed by another gunshot and high pitched cries from his brother.

Lights out.

Jaehyun fell on his bottom and crawling backwards until his back hit the wall. He didn't even recognised if he was crying or not, all he knew that he was almost fainting when there was an obnoxious movement.

I'm dead.

He thought. Someone is staring at him in the darkness. His irises looking like a dark door to a bottomless void, eyebrows crunches together, his silver hair reflecting the little source of light. The man tilt his head.

"Who...?" he asked in korean, they weren't in Korea, nobody speaks korean here but this killer speaks his language.

Jaehyun couldn't answer, only trembling sound coming through his mouth.

"You're Jaehyun..." he whispers, his voice is heavy and husky, he bent down and let his face went closer to Jaehyun. The young boy could see a scar looking like rose petals on the corner of his right eye. "Are you Jaehyun?"

Jaehyun's mind dwelling between telling him the truth or pretend to be someone else. But how did the silver haired guy knew his name?

The young boy nodded.

"Fuck no..." he hissed.

Jaehyun feel tears stream down his cheek.

The guy twist his head to the living room, there's one other guy, taller and bigger than both of them, he's definitely not Korean. The silver haired guy pull his gun and shot the big guy right in his head.

Did he just killed his allies?

Then Jaehyun watched him swoop the transceiver from the dead guy's hand, "hey it's me TY," the hissing sound, "he got a gun and Cree is down,"

Loud hissing sound before guy from the other line answered, "we'll come and get you."

"I am injured, I'll escape with their car. Just go! Everyone here's down."

"What about Jaehyun?"

Jaehyun's eyes met the TY guy's eyes, he can't control his trembling body, TY reached his hand and squeezed it, he feel the warmth transferred to his body.