Part 10

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

"Mama, I want water."

Omkara jerked up from his seat and looked at the door, and saw a small girl of around 4-5 yrs standing at the door and looking at him in confusion. Omkara knew that he was staring at Sahasra. Sahasra looked so much like Gauri, except for her eyes. Her eyes looked vaguely familiar to him, but he was not sure whose eyes Sahasra had inherited, maybe some Gauri's relative he had met before. He slowly got up from his seat and started walking towards her.

Sahasra looks around confused and asks him. "Where is my Mama?"

Sahasra also had an American accent just like Gauri and Shivaay. It somehow reminded him of the time he had come back from USA with a heavy accent. Omkara knelt down to her level.

"Hi!" Omkara says with a smile.

"Where is Mama?" Sahasra worriedly asks him.

Omkara points towards the window and tells her, "Mama is in the other room."

Sahasra was looking at the window, trying to figure out how to get in there.

"Come, I will give you water."

Omkara took her hand and was about to walk towards the freezer, when Sahasra snatched her hands back.

"No! Mama has told me not to talk to strangers and not to take anything from them."

Omkara smiles. "But I am not a stranger, I am Gauri's friend."

Sahasra keeps looking at him.

Omkara puts his hands forward and says, "I am Omkara Shaurya Singh Oberoi."

"I am Sahasra S"

S ???Oh Shivaay.

Sahasra shakes his hand. The moment her hand touched his, it was as if he had touched a part of himself, maybe all the wrongs in his entire life just melted in that single moment. His heavy heart now felt happiness and joy. Seeing Gauri after so long had made his dormant heart beat again, but now oddly he felt complete. As he looked into her face that smile deepened unable to control his urge he picked her up in his arms and kissed her cheek. It felt so natural and he looked over at the small child giggling feeling his stubble as she placed her arm around his neck smiling.

Omkara walked towards the mini fridge in the corner, and opened it.

"So, what will you have water or pepsi?"

Sahasra smiles at him and excitedly replies. "Pepsi"

Omkara took the bottle out, and walked towards the counter, and made Sahasra sit there, and took a glass and poured Pepsi in it, and gave the glass to her.

Sahasra took the glass with a smile. "Thank you, Uncle."

Omkara just smiles at her. He picked her up and walked towards his seat and sat down there, and watched her drink. Omkara was amazed to realize that he felt content by just watching this small girl drink pepsi from a glass.

After Sahasra finished drinking, she slowly kept the glass on the table, and tried to scoot down. Omkara immediately grabbed her.

"Where are you going?"

"Outside, to see the fishes."

Omkara smiles and asks her. "You like fishes?"