Part 27

Thanks to all for voting and commenting for the previous part.

A dejected Omkara was walking out of Gauri's cabin when he bumped into Rudra and Avi.

"What happened? Is she still angry with you?" Rudra asks Omkara with a lot of concern when he saw Omkara's expression.

Omkara looked shattered.

"She didn't let me talk to Sassy." Omkara said sadly "She was saying that she made a mistake by trusting me with Sassy."

"Who?" Rudra asks confused and a little angry.

Who dared to talk to his best friend like that?

Omkara looks at Rudra as he hesitated to answer. He hadn't told Rudra about Gauri yet and he didn't know how Rudra would react to that news. Sensing Omkara's hesitation Rudra looks down at Avi, "Avi, why don't you go and see Abhay chachu?"

"So I don't have to say sorry to Sassy?" Avi asks relieved. He hated apologizing.

That's when Rudra realized that he was taking Avi to apologize to Sahasra. "You have to. But now you go to Abhay chachu, later I will call you back that time you have to come and say sorry to Sahasra."

"Okay." Avi makes a face as he walks off towards the elevator.

After Avi left, Rudra turns to Omkara "What is it?"

"We can't talk here, you come with me." Omkara said quietly then he walked off towards his office room.

Rudra quietly follows lost in his thoughts. The whole Sahasra thing suddenly seemed a big mystery especially since the moment he figured out that Sassy's eyes reminded him of not anyone else's but his best friend's.

It has been nearly half an hour since they were staying like this, Omkara standing by the window and Rudra sitting on the chair playing with the paper weight patiently waiting for Omkara to gather his thoughts, as he watched Omkara looking out the window with one hand on the window and the other as usual on his stomach as was his habit. Whether he was happy, sad, upset or even simply bored Omkara always kept his hand over his stomach.

"Gauri is here." Omkara said, finally deciding to just spill it out.

And just as he had expected Rudra was by his side in a jiffy. "Here?" Rudra asked him in a near shout.

"Yes."

"Here as in? India? Mumbai?" Rudra asks still trying to come to terms with the shock and stop his imagination going hay wire.

Suddenly from where did Gauri come from? Weren't they talking about Sahasra? But then when one put Gauri and Omkara's eyes on Sahasra together, the answer was pretty obvious.

"Here as in our office." Omkara clarified.

"What the fuck? What the hell is she doing here? And what the hell are you trying to do? Why did you give her a job?" with every question posed Rudra was getting louder and angrier.

"I still love her." Omkara said softly.

"Shut the fuck up! When will you learn, Omkara? And.."

Omkara cuts him off "It was my fault. I shouldn't have left. And if I had not run off like that, she would have been with me. Sassy too, my daughter." Whatever Rudra was going to say the last statement had thrown him off guard. Though he had expected it, Omkara confirming it was still a shock to him. "Sassy?"

"Sahasra."

"I know who she is. But your daughter?" Rudra asks him shocked, confused and a little happy too.