Part 34

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part. Here is the new part.

Anika opened the door to see Gauri standing there with tears rolling down her cheeks she had her hands folded as if in prayer holding something which looked like a chain.

"Gauri where were you? Do you know how worried we were? Ever since Sahasra got back she has been asking for you and that Omkara! She wanted to go over to his place but when I stopped her she got upset, but don't worry now she is playing with Adi." noticing her tears Anika's tone changes from anger to concern "What happened? Are you worried about that man? You don't worry no one is going to take Sahasra away from you."

Anika tries to reassure her as she held Gauri by her shoulder to take her inside; the moment Anika touched her Gauri hugged her and cried her heart out.

"What happened, baby?" Anika asks her in worry and concern, but Gauri continues to cry.

Hearing her cry Shivaay came rushing out from inside and with his help Anika took Gauri inside.

"What happened?" Shivaay asked.

"I don't know. Gauri please say something. Why are you crying? Is it that Omkara?" Anika asked again getting angry at Omkara for her sister's condition.

Hearing Omkara's name Gauri cried even more, when Anika asked yet again about the reason, she opened her hands and showed both the chains in her hand.

Anika looks at the chain and finally recognizing it asks Gauri "Isn't that mama's? The one..." and she stopped not wanting to bring back the bitter memories for Gauri once again.

Gauri nods her head

"Why do you have two of it?" Anika asks noticing it, and saying in between her sobs

"Papa... Papa"

"Papa? What happened to Papa?" Anika asks confused, shocked and worried,

"Shaurya... Shaurya... didn't... Shaurya" Gauri says shaking her head trying to tell her sister about the cruel trick their father played on Shaurya and her, and that Shaurya never betrayed her.

"What Shaurya?" Anika asks confused.

"Papa... Shaurya..." Gauri says in between her sobs.

Shivaay started having a very bad feeling in the pit of his stomach. Shivaay cleared his throat dreading even the thought, but wanting to clear it he slowly asks "Did Papa... did he do something?" hearing that question was the last straw for Gauri and she screamed out loudly in agony.

Anika was shocked at her reaction while Shivaay immediately pulled Gauri in for a bear hug for two reasons, one being he didn't want Sahasra to hear Gauri and come running down to find out the reason and the main reason was he somehow could understand the pain as he had Harshvardhan trying to break his relation with Anika and tried to get her married to someone else. But what Shivaay didn't understand was the reason why he would bring anything between Gauri and Omkara, as he was the one who had forced Gauri in the beginning to marry Omkara and now Gauri was saying that Harshvardhan is somehow responsible for Omkara ditching her?

Shivaay turns to look at Anika and she was in tears watching Gauri's condition, wanting to distract Anika a bit he asks her to get Gauri water and Anika immediately runs to the kitchen to get water.

Meanwhile Shivaay sits down next to Gauri and tries to stop her, "Gauri... stop crying... sshhh... stop crying." He gently instructed her as he patted her on the back. By the time Anika came back, Gauri had quietened down considerably and Shivaay was consoling her.