Part 35

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

Next morning

Omkara had woken up earlier than usual, though his head was pounding because of the excessive drinking, he had taken a pill and a quick shower, not bothering or thinking of his breakfast he got dressed fast to go over to Rudra's house to plan on what he had to do to get his daughter and finalize on the best lawyer money can buy. As he grabbed his keys, the cheque book and laptop someone started hammering on his door.

Irritated he left his things on the table and walked towards the door, he neither had the time nor the patience for this. As he walked towards the door, the pounding seems to increase, he angrily screamed at the person that he was coming and the pounding immediately stopped. He ripped open the door to find emptiness, looking at the gate he found Gauri standing there looking at him. He confusedly looked at her thinking what she wanted, but she just turned and walked out of the gate.

Omkara was totally confused with her behavior, suddenly sensing someone in front of him; he looked down and found Sassy standing there with a small bag in one hand and her favorite teddy bear in other and she was looking at him with a frown and tear filled eyes, both were identical to his.

Omkara kneels down so happy that his eyes start filling with tears, and he was having difficulty taking a normal breath, but still he managed to whisper happily "Sassy."

He was about to take his daughter into his arms when Sassy suddenly hit him on his shoulders angrily. Omkara was shocked at her behavior and simply knelt in front of her as she continued hitting him angrily. And then she finally asked him with tears spilling down from her eyes "You know that I love you, then why didn't you tell me that you were my Papa?"

Hearing the question from his daughter, Omkara was too shocked to react at first, then he just simply pulled his daughter close to him and hugged her tight.

Leaving her teddy bear and her bag, Sassy hugs Omkara and starts crying in between she kept hitting him angrily, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I'm sorry, baby." Omkara says as tears fell down his eyes and starts kissing his daughter all over her face.

Sassy stands on her toes and kiss him on his cheek. All the pain, Omkara had been going through in the last five years was washed away in that one kiss.

Seeing his tear she wipes his tears "Don't cry. Now you know Mama and I don't hate you, so stop crying." Sassy says.

"How did you find out?" Omkara asks her.

"Mama told me." Sassy tells him.

"What?"

"That one bad man lied to you that Sassy and Mama hates you and we don't want to see you. So, you went away, but you felt sad being away from Sassy and Mama, and came back so you can be with us." Sassy explains while Omkara wondered what kinda twisted tale Gauri had told his daughter and why?

"But I told you many times that I love you then also you didn't believe me." Sassy sadly complains.

"I'm sorry, Sassy. Please forgive me."

"It's okay. I was angry with you first, you are my best friend but you never told me, but then Mama told me how you used to cry thinking that I will stop liking you if you told me that you are my Papa. But I still love you."

Omkara was too overwhelmed to say anything so he says with a big smile "Thank you."

"Mention not." Sassy replies.

Omkara couldn't help chuckling realizing how innocent his daughter is.

"Mama told me that from now on I should only call you, Papa."