Breaking Up Is Never Easy

"I'm gonna go head off and have a shower," Lance said as he wrapped his arms around Keith's waist as the raven did the dishes. His chin resting on Keith's shoulder as he kissed the side of his neck softly.

"Alright," Keith answered with a nod. "Did you still wanna watch that movie tonight?"

"Hell yeah," Lance answered with a laugh. "I've been dying to watch it, Hunk and Shay have already seen it."

Lance pressed a kiss against Keith's cheek and headed off to the bathroom, just as Keith was finishing the dishes, placing the last plate into the dishrack and watching the water drip back off into the sink.

Keith dried his hands and headed over to the couch, clearing it of junk that was on it and placing it on the clean kitchen table. Smiling seeing the framed picture of him and Lance on the top of the pile, Lance had printed it off after their three year anniversary last week and gave it to him as a present, Keith just hadn't had the time to find a spot on his wall and hang it up.

Lance's phone dinged from where it sat on the counter and Keith turned to it as he placed the photo down. Lance had never minded him going through his phone, he never had anything to hide from him. They were pretty open with each other. Keith recognized the text tone as they one Lance had set for his mother and went to check the phone, knowing it was probably his mother wishing him a good night since he was sleeping over at Keith's tonight.

However, Keith felt his smile drop when he saw the message from Rosa, Lance's mother.

Mama <3: Nyma agreed to meet next month to start wedding planning, her father will be by next month as well to discuss the merging of the companies. Let me know what day works best for you. Love you, goodnight!

Keith couldn't believe his eyes, who was Nyma? And why was she coming to discuss wedding planning?

Keith was lost in his own thoughts as he went through the messages from Rosa. They were all the same and Nyma came up several times. As did the topic of marriage and...fiancée!?

Nyma was Lance's fiancée!?

Keith's head turned as Lance came out from down the hall, toweling his damp hair off. Lance froze seeing his phone in Keith's hands, his hands shaking and his eyes wide in shock.

"What's wrong?" Lance asked as he placed the towel on the back of the couch. "Are you okay?" Lance asked.

"Who's Nyma?" Keith asked placing Lance's phone on the table. "And why is she coming to discuss wedding plans with you?"

"I-"

"What happened to no secrets between us?" Keith asked turning to Lance with a soft glare. "Why didn't you tell me you have a fiancée? You never brought her up, not even once. Why?"

"I meant to," Lance said with a sigh. "I just didn't know the best way to tell you."

"How long..." Keith trailed off, sitting down at the kitchen table. "How long have you known you were going to marry her?"

"We've known each other since I was eight, we got engaged when I turned graduated high school," Lance answered softly. "Our parents were waiting for us to agree or not."

"So...the whole time, we were together..." Keith said turning to Lance. "The three years that we've been together, you've been keeping this a secret from me."

"Yes," Lance answered with a whisper.

"Whatever happened to telling your parents? To telling them the truth?" Keith asked glaring up at Lance. "Was it all just a lie?"

"No!" Lance exclaimed with a shake of his head. "I meant what I said, I-I was just scared of what my parents would say."

"Because of Veronica," Keith said with a sigh. He remembered Lance telling him the story of his sister Veronica, how their parents disowned her after she came out to them. "So, were you just playing me this whole time? Everything you said to me, was a lie?"