Mystery Solved

A few days later, Keith stared down at his phone, with a sigh. His mother had messaged him earlier that morning telling him where the spare key would be since she and Kolivan would probably be at work by the time he got there, just in case they weren't home.

When he made the decision, he felt ready to move on and leave the bad memories behind.

However, now it appeared he was having second thoughts.

Could he really leave everything behind? Sure he had bad memories here now that he and Lance were broken up but...he also had good memories here. His memories with his friends were here.

"This park and these houses

Old streets I have walked

Everything dear, will it be here

One day when I am returning?"

Keith smiled softly remembering Shiro showing him the ring he picked out to propose to Adam when the chance came up.

Though, knowing Shiro, he would be an anxious mess about it.

"My brother will get married

Have children and homes

It sounds so nice

Well planned and wise

Never expecting surprises"

Keith frowned as he glanced around his apartment. Memories of his friends hanging out in the living room, him and Lance messing around in the kitchen, him and Lance cuddling while watching a movie and Keith falling asleep on the couch.

"I wonder

It's frightening

Leaving now

Is that the right thing?

I wonder

It scares me"

Keith froze remembering the conversation he had with his mother last night. She was asking him if he was having second thoughts, at the time, he had a few. However, his mother said something to him that flicked a switch in his brain.

"You'll never know, unless you try," Krolia said over their phone call a few days ago.

"But who the hell am I

If I don't even try?

I'm not a coward

Oh no, I'll be strong

One chance in a lifetime

Yes, I will take it

It can't go wrong"

Keith grabbed the boxing tape and started taping the boxes shut, he had gotten a few boxes done last night but he still had a few boxes to tape off and put in his car. He didn't have much, he never was one to decorate. There was enough in the apartment for him to be comfortable in his own space.

If there were any decorations, Lance was the one to bring them in. However, all that was in a box with Lance's stuff.

"My friends are my family

This city I love

Buses I've misses

Boyfriend I've kissed

Everything old and familiar"

Keith turned back to the box with Lance's stuff in it and frowned. Ever since his break up, Keith had hoped Lance would open his eyes and come back to him. However, he never did.