I'm Keeping It

Lance got out of his car and headed up to Keith's apartment with the box of his stuff in his arms. Once outside, he knocked on the door and waited for Keith to open the door.

However, he wasn't expecting a woman on the other side of the door, a baby in her arms drinking milk from a bottle.

"Can I help you?" The woman asked with a smile.

"I must have the wrong apartment, is this 319?" Lance asked glancing around.

"Yes it is love," the woman answered with a nod.

"Does someone named Keith Kogane still live here?"

"Sorry honey, I don't think so," the woman said shaking her head. "I just moved in a few days ago with my husband Derek."

"I see, sorry to bother you then," Lance said with a smile before turning and walking back to his car. The woman stared at him in sympathy for a few moments more before closing the door and going about her day.

'If he's not here then maybe he's at Shiro's place' Lance thought as he put the box back into his car and pulled out of the apartment complex parking lot and drove towards Shiro's house.

~

Shiro was in the middle of making lunch when a knock at the door came and echoed throughout the house. Adam was at the kitchen table working on some accounting forms when the knock at the house gathered his attention to the door. He turned back to Shiro who had paused cooking their grilled cheeses on the stove.

"I'll get it," Adam said with a smile putting his pen down and heading toward the front door. Shiro nodded and finished cooking the grilled cheeses before placing them on plates and then stirring the vegetable soup until it was heated.

Meanwhile, Adam unlocked the front door and opened it, his smile fading a little when he saw that it was Lance on the other side of the door. In his arms, he held a cardboard box.

"Lance," Adam said forcing himself not to slam the door in the boy's face and locking it behind him. "What can I do for you?"

"Is Keith here?" Lance asked, he could feel Adam's glare on him as much as the older man wouldn't show it upfront.

"What's it to you?" Adam asked, his hands gripping the knob of the door, Adam considered Keith his family and was beyond angry when Keith told him and Shiro what happened between the two. Adam considered Keith the little brother he never had and found himself quickly fond of the teen when they met for the first time, as much as Keith gave him the cold shoulder for a while for taking his brother "away", Adam remembered how hard it was to try and get close to Keith. However, that changed after they spent more time together and grew closer before eventually Keith considered Adam another brother.

"I had some of his stuff here and thought he would want it back," Lance said juggling the box in his arms to prove his point. "Is he here?"

"He's gone," Shiro said walking behind Adam and folding his arms in front of his chest, giving Lance a cold glare.

"I went to his apartment but the woman there told me he moved out, I just figured he would be here," Lance said avoiding Shiro's steel glare.

"He moved a week ago," Adam said trying to lighten the tension. Adam was upset at Lance to, however, he wanted to try and prevent Shiro from doing something terrible. He was also not trying to give Lance any clues as to where Keith was living, he knew Keith wouldn't be happy with him if he did.

"I uh, I see," Lance said with a sigh. "Then, the next time you see him, can you give this to him?" Lance asked to which Adam took the box from his arms.