The Twins Choice

A few days later, while Keith was sitting at the kitchen table with his laptop doing research for the twin's birthday, Marina ran up to him and tugged on his jacket to get his attention.

"Daddy?" Marina called out as Keith turned away from his laptop and turned his attention to her.

"What's up sweet pea?" Keith asked.

"Who is all coming to our birthday party?" she asked.

"Well, there's gonna be halmeoni, harabeoji, uncle Shiro, uncle Adam, aunt Allura, aunt Shay, uncle Hunk, the triplets, aunt Pidge, and uncle Matt."

"That's a lot of people," Marina said with wide eyes.

"Is Kosmo coming?" Camilla asked as she entered the dining room, Kosmo trotting beside her.

"Of course he is," Keith said with a nod as he reached out and scratched Kosmo behind the ear.

"Is papa coming?" Camilla asked which made Keith freeze in his spot.

"What?" Keith asked turning to Camilla.

"Well, I overheard you talking to uncle Shiro on the phone yesterday and you said you talked to our papa," Camilla said with a sheepish smile. She knew she was going to be in trouble for eavesdropping on the conversation. "So I was wondering if he was coming to."

"You met papa?" Marina asked turning to Keith with her head tilted. "I thought you said papa left us?"

"He did," Keith said with a sigh. "But that's not the whole truth, I think it's time I tell you both the truth."

Keith led the girls out of the dining room and into the living room where Keith sat in the corner of the sectional and the girls sat in front of him.

"It's true your father left but he left not knowing I was pregnant with you both, I didn't even know I was pregnant at the time," Keith said with a sigh.

"Why did he leave?" Marina asked.

"We were in a relationship but we broke up and I was very hurt and moved to live with you halmeoni and harabeoji," Keith said with a frown. "Then I found out I was pregnant with you two."

"Why didn't you call papa and tell him?" Camilla asked with a frown.

"I couldn't," Keith said with a shake of his head. "We both said horrible things to each other and it ended badly between us."

"Like when I told Cami I hated her when she stole my toy and she was sad?" Marina asked to which Keith nodded softly.

"Sort of," Keith said. "Only this time, daddy and papa didn't talk for four years."

"Why did you tell uncle Shiro you talked to him?" Camilla asked. "You said you didn't talk for four years."

"Do you two remember when I sang at the concert and we stayed at uncle Shiro and uncle Adam's place? And after the show that man tried talking to me?"

"He was the park to!" Marina jumped in with a smile.

"Yes, he was at the park as well," Keith said with a nod.

"That was papa, wasn't it?" Camilla asked.

"It was!?" Marina explained with wide eyes.

"Yes, it was," Keith said with a nod. "And he's here."

"Where? In the bathroom?" Marina asked looking around.

"No honey, he's staying in town," Keith said with a small smile. "He came to my work a few days ago, he wants to see you both."