The Concert

Keith headed to Allison's office after making sure the twins ate breakfast and getting them ready for the day. Shiro and Adam wanted to take them to the park nearby the house so the twins would be in their care. Krolia was going out for the day to visit an old friend who she just found out lived in Cranston. Kolivan had some work he needed to finish so he would be staying at the house for the day and offered to start dinner for the day when it came time to.

Keith walked up to where Mrs. Simmons was sitting and the woman smiled at him.

"Hello Keith, Ms. Thorn is in a meeting right now. She'll be with you shortly."

"Right," Keith said with a nod. His phone started buzzing in his pocket and he pulled it out to see it was Shiro calling him. "Excuse me," Keith said with a smile to Mrs. Simmons and headed down the hall and answered the call.

"Oh good, you're not in a meeting right now," Shiro said with a sigh of relief.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?" Keith asked frantically. His mind was running a million thoughts a mile, hoping nothing had gone wrong.

"Huh? Nothing has gone wrong," Shiro said with a chuckle. "I was just gonna ask if it's okay for the girls to get a toy, we parked a little bit away from the park and passed a toy store, the girls are asking if we would buy them a toy."

"Oh, yeah," Keith said with a sigh of relief. "That's fine but nothing too big, something small."

"Gotcha," Shiro said with a laugh. "You really went into "dad" mode and you guys called me the worried father of the group."

"Very funny," Keith said with a roll of his eyes. "You are by the way."

"Oh whatever," Shiro replied with a snort. "Alright that's all, I'll leave you to your meeting."

"Alright, bye."

Keith shoved his phone back into his jean pocket and went to turn back down the hall but froze seeing a familiar face coming out of Allison's office, followed by Allison herself.

Lance.

"Be sure to tell your father everything is fine," Allison said with a smile. "I have the entertainment for the concert already picked and we're working with him to make sure things run smoothly."

"Thanks again Allison," Lance said with a smile. "Sorry to be coming in so much, I hate meetings as much as you do."

"Yeah," Allison said with a shrug of her shoulders. "I can put my disdain aside for my favourite cousin."

Keith's eyes widened.

Allison was Lance's cousin?

The pair shared a hug before Lance headed to the elevators and left the floor.

"Is Keith here yet?" Allison said turning to Mrs. Simmons.

"He was, he left to take a phone call," Mrs. Simmons said looking around for Keith. A smile formed on her face seeing Keith come out from down the hall and walk towards them. "There he is."

"Glad you could make it today Keith?" Allison said with a smile. "Now, let's hear those songs of yours, I'm excited to hear them."

~

Two weeks flew by faster than Keith could blink.

Keith had been in non-stop dance rehearsals and the last two days Keith had been in sound checks.

However, he couldn't shake off seeing Lance again. If Lance had been having meetings with Allison, then the event was being sponsored by Lance's father. It made sense, his father had hosted the event in the past. Keith wondered how he didn't think of it before he agreed to it.