Lance

*3 Years Ago*

"Waking up to kiss you and nobody's there

The smell of your perfume still stuck in the air

It's hard"

Lance woke up and turned over on his side, his hand slapping against his mattress only to meet nothing. His eyes opened, expecting to see Keith sleeping beside him. However, his heart dropped and ached seeing he wasn't there.

They had broken up a year ago, why was he thinking Keith would magically be there?

It was strange, for them being broken up for a year, he could still smell Keith's cologne that he would wear. Even though Keith was still there.

"Yesterday I thought I saw your shadow running round

It's funny how things never change in this old town

So far from the stars"

Yesterday, Lance was walking home after a meeting with his father and Nyma's father. He was passing by the park him and Keith would walk through after their dates sometimes and caught sight of a man with black hair. From the back, he thought it was Keith and called his name out.

The man turned and gave Lance a look of confusion.

"Oh, sorry," Lance said with a sheepish smile. "I thought you were someone else."

"It's alright," the man replied with a smile. "Have a nice day."

"Yeah," Lance replied with a nod, his smile slowly fading. "You to."

"And I want to tell you everything

The words I never got to say the first time around

And I remember everything

From when we were the children playing in this fairground

Wish I was there with you now"

The day they broke up still haunted Lance to this day. He thought that making his parents happy by agreeing to marry Nyma would make himself happy, he loved his parents. However, his aching heart never healed and he just found himself miserable instead.

"If the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you

Drive highways and byways to be there with you

Over and over the only truth

Everything comes back to you"

If Lance could, he would 100% turn back time and take back his word to marry Nyma. Maybe then he would still be with Keith in their happy relationship. Back to when everything was simple and he knew what he wanted.

Back to when Keith's heartbroken face holding his phone with the text from his mother didn't haunt his face.

"Maybe you have moved on with someone new

In a pub where you met and he's got his arms around you

It's so hard

So hard"

Lance wondered if Keith had moved on yet. Wherever he had gone to, was he just as miserable as he was? Scenes of Keith with another guy flashed through his head and his heart ached. He knew he had no right to be jealous or upset if Keith had moved on but, he couldn't help but think about it.

"And I want to tell you everything

The words I never got to say the first time around