13. madelynn

As predicted for a Friday night, the nearby frat house is hosting a party

As predicted for a Friday night, the nearby frat house is hosting a party. We haven't spoke to the guys from Kappa Sigma much, although Amity used to date a dark haired dude from there a while ago, but I bumped into one of them on the stairwell of our apartment block this morning and he seemed keen to have us there, so who was I to turn down a party with free alcohol and hot boys. The turning before the apartment complex's hold a row of frat houses, male and female, and are home to many house parties of a weekend, most sunday morning's my social media feed would be full of pictures and videos from their outrageous parties, typically with stupid dress codes and themes too.

Tonight was no different, the theme was 'authority'.

So I've squeezed into an old firefighter outfit I have from high school, Kendall has on a tight police uniform and Amity is a very sexy nurse. Within minutes of arrival, I've downed three shots and two vodka cranberrys and am currently pouring my third. I lost Kenny to some frat boys and Amity is talking to a very excitable girl from her class over by the entrance.

The house is big, it was my first thought upon entering, with large pillars out the front, a grand marble staircase in the entrance and various expensive art pieces littered the walls. It always makes me wonder who founds the fraternities to get houses like this, like I know frat houses are meant to be big but this just seems extreme. I'm not sure how many boys are apart of Kappa Sigma let alone actually live here, but it must be a lot because this place looks like it homes about twenty people.

Smoke drifts through the house from the sliding french doors in the back, red solo cups fill the kitchen island and the song that's currently blasting through the speakers is one I recognise from countless other college parties.

I want to get drunk tonight, I want to get so blackout drunk that I forget about everything, including Ashton's little hurt face when I left his bedroom last week. I'm already teetering on the edge of tipsy and it doesn't look like Kendall's much further behind me.

"We should play beer pong!" she exclaims, her lipstick is already slightly smudged and she reeks of boys cologne. "Where's Amity?"

I wordlessly point towards the staircase and she follows my line of sight until her eyes fall upon the blonde who is excitedly chatting away to some red head. "Okay, then we'll play with the boys" her hand finds mine and she tugs me over towards the makeshift beer pong table where it looks like a game is about to start.

There are four guys standing around the table, two blondes, a brunette and a really dark haired guy who all spin around when they hear Kendall's voice. "We're playing" she announces, plucking my drink out of my hand and setting it on a nearby chair. I have absolutely no idea who any of these boys are but they're all very attractive, especially the dark haired one.

"Kendall you can be on our team and Maddy, you can go to Ross" one of the blondes states, I automatically look at the two guys standing on the other side of the table and try to work out which one is Ross, I assume it's the brunette as he nods his head in my direction and beckons me over.