9. madelynn

Frankie's is uncharacteristically quiet for a Friday night

The chill R&B music sounds through the speakers at a mediocre volume as we enter the bar, it's dimly lit but I can still make out a handful of my classmates littered around the space either drinking or dancing. I keep my chin up as we parade through the throngs of people, some staring at our departing figures and others simply moving out of the way for us to slip through.

My strappy black heels make me a staggering five foot nine so locating the bar is easier than normal, it's not too busy either and I spot at least five members of staff making drinks and serving customers. My tight champagne coloured silk dress clings to my body like a second skin, it's one I purchased back in Calabasas but I'd never found an appropriate event to wear it to. There's also built in padding tucked inside so my tits pretty much reach my collar bones, I've never had dramatically big boobs, always an average B cup, they can seem big in the right bras but I can also flatten them down in a sports bra if I need to, although tonight I can easily pass for a double D.

"Do you want a vodka cranberry?" Kendall asks as we reach the bar, pulling out two stools and sitting down. Harry is noticeably absent from his usual spot behind the bar and I can't help but examine the area for his familiar dirty blonde hair.

"Yeah, please" I nod, pulling out my phone and bringing up our text message chat, I begin to type out a message before letting my finger hover over the keys indecisively and scrunching my nose in thought.

"Don't you dare text him, Mads" Kendall warns, glaring at me with her glassy eyes. As usual, she tipped back about five shots before we clambered into the uber at quarter past eleven. Since Amity is back home in Malibu for the weekend visiting family, it means I'm not allowed to drink too much as I am now on babysitting duty. Usually, Amity is the designated mother of the group and she watches over Kendall and how much she drinks, but since she's not here it means the job has been passed down to me - lucky Mads.

"I'm not" I sigh, erasing the message and slipping my phone back into my clutch. "I was just wondering where he was, he typically works Friday nights"

Kendall rolls her eyes dramatically, sliding our drinks across the bar and towards me. "Who the fuck cares?" picking up my vodka cranberry, she thrusts it into my hand with a smirk. "We're here to have a fucking good time, get absolutely shit-faced and crawl out of somebody else's bed tomorrow morning, got it?"

I want to roll my eyes at that. I forgot how much of a hardcore partier Kendall is, I know for a fact she won't be coming back to the apartment with me tonight but that just makes me wanna stay out too, perhaps Harry could pick me up from here later.

"Who are you leaving here tonight with then?" I ask, taking a lengthy sip from my straw.

Kendall smirks and shrugs coyly. "I'm not sure yet, we'll have to see where the night takes us"