14. ashton

The current time is two thirty in the morning and it's a thursday night

The current time is two thirty in the morning and it's a thursday night. I've got an early bird session with coach in three hours and I can't sleep for the life of me. It could be because I've got a million thoughts running through my head or it could be the insanely loud music coming from the living room. Carson's invited some of the guys from the team round along with his usual jersey chasers and he'd promised me earlier that they wouldn't keep me up, alas it's nearing three in the morning and I've not slept a wink. I've tried messaging him, as well as some of the other guys, but none of them have answered and I'm sure as fuck not being 'that guy' and telling them to keep it down, I'll be fucking damned if I get called grandpa for the rest of the semester.

I roll over in bed, grabbing my phone and checking the time. The numbers two, fourty six flash back at me as I groan whilst simultaneously pulling the duvet over my head aggressively. I think about messaging Maddy since I know I won't be sleeping anytime soon, but then think against that once I remember that I haven't spoken to her in nearly two weeks. All I know is that I'm not being a little bitch and crawling back to her when she's the one who had a problem in the first place, when she's done acting like an ass then she knows where to find me. Until then, I'm perfectly content in fucking whichever chick my eyes land on in Frankie's or one of the many girls Carson can recommend.

Speaking of Carson, he shouldn't even be having these types of motives at this time as his also got a session with coach tomorrow, only his is in the afternoon and coach has a talent for smelling hungover swimmers from a mile away. He'll have Grey swimming laps until he throws up, believe me I've seen it many of times and Carson will be the first one to grumble profanities in the changing room, yet won't do anything to fix the issue.

The date of the swim meet is inching closer and closer and it's only a matter of days until I'll be in the water representing my college and hopefully adding some more silverware to the trophy cabinet. The meets are always a big deal, with the majority of the college dressed in school colours and attending with banners and posters in hand, some of the guys' girlfriends even write their surnames on their faces. A part of me thinks of inviting Maddy, Kendall is always there with Kingsley and Micah but Madelynn has never bothered to show. A part of me thinks it's probably not her scene, but the other part of me knows it's not Kenny's scene either but she still comes to support her school and myself and Carson.

My phone buzzes beside me, pulling me out of my deep thoughts, as I squint at the bright light and attempt to read the message on the screen.

Micah:
dude, i'm gonna fucking kill him in a minute.

Smirking, I selfishly feel better knowing it's also keeping Micah, and no doubt Kingsley, up as well and begin typing out a reply.

Me:
not if i get there first.

Tossing my phone back onto my nightstand, I reach for my noise cancelling headphones and slip them onto my head, plugging in my phone and pressing play on a random playlist, praying that the soft music in my ears will block out Carson's thumping house tunes and send me to sleep.