11. madelynn

"Hey gorgeous!"

"Hey gorgeous!"

Glancing up from the disarray of papers on the small wooden table, I'm greeted by the grinning face of Carson Grey. His hairs still slightly damp and dripping water onto his forest green CSU hoodie, it's clear his just came from swim practice and I hate the way my heart speeds up at the prospect of him potentially being with Ashton. Inconspicuously, I scan the area around him and come up empty as he pulls out the chair opposite me and seats himself.

Turning towards the young barista, he sends her a wink and a hand movement to somehow tell her he wants his usual, she miraculously understands him and begins making his coffee as he turns back towards me with a smug grin. Shaking my head in amusement, I pick up my own mug of caramel latte and take a lengthy sip.

"What you working on then?" he asks, his australian twang seeping through with each word.

Sighing, I drop my pen and cross my arms on the wood beneath me. "I'm meant to be annotating this text but it literally makes no sense to my brain"

Carson chuckles and thanks the barista who drops off his coffee with flushed cheeks and shaky hands. "That's tough" He takes a gulp from his drink before setting it on the table and grimacing. "Although, I've got about two, or maybe it's three, essay's to start when I get back"

"Now that is tough" I grin.

"Tell me about it" he starts before fixing me with a cheeky grin. "Kendall looks good today, doesn't she?"

I frown, tilting my head to the side skeptically. "What are you getting at?"

Carson laughs, throwing his head back before sobering up and taking another swig from his drink. "I'm just saying, she's bad as fuck isn't she" he looks back at me as a smirk tugs at his lips. "You think you could put a word in for me?"

My eyes widen automatically as the words fall from his lips, is he fucking serious?

"Are you forgetting about that older brother she's got? you know, the one you're meant to be best friends with" I scoff. "He'd beat the shit out of you, Grey"

Carson just seems to find the situation hilarious. "I can handle Kingsley" he waves off. "Look I don't wanna marry the girl Mads, but I would fuck her into next week - put it that way" He chuckles.

The thing is, I know Kendall would probably sleep with him. She's got a thing for blondes, the last four guys she's slept with could of been related I swear, they were all leather wearing, semi-athlete frat boys with blonde hair and a cheeky grin. Minus the leather, Carson could slip into that category quite well and he knows it, if the smug grin that's currently sat on his lips is anything to go by. However, I also know how unbelieveably protective Kingsley is of his sister, she would constantly have to creep off to meet boys or sneak them into the house without her strict parents or overbearing brother knowing when we were younger. I can only imagine how much worse Kingsley's gotten as Kendall has gotten older.