𝐗𝐈𝐈; 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓽𝔀𝓸

When José got home that night he told the family how baffled he was at the president's behavior

When José got home that night he told the family how baffled he was at the president's behavior. He said of him that he looked skittish, and was not talkative at all. Alice wished she could have disappeared and was unable to look at her father in the eye when he questioned if she knew anything about it. Alice only shook her head and went to her room as soon as she could.

Only after battling with extreme sheepishness and a night of no sleep, was Alice able to confront the day ahead. When she opened the curtains to watch the snow fall from the smokey grey sky, Alice sighed.

The touch of her fingertips against her lips brought back the memory of the previous day. Despite how it all came down and her conflicting thoughts on the matter, Alice still felt a special sort of way. Somewhat like a princess, even if it sounded silly and corny.

With a fluttering heart, the girl went downstairs. She doubted the feeling would go away, but as soon as she saw the Christmas tree and all the decorations around the house, Alice remembered what day it was.

A smile was immediately plastered over her face, and Alice skipped over to the kitchen while she sang a Christmas carol.

"What has gotten you in such a swell mood?" Beto was there having his breakfast while he observed his sister's little musical moment.

"Oh, Beto. I'm just excited because it's Christmas Eve! Aren't you?"

"No, I'm not nine anymore. Neither are you."

"You're such a party pooper." Alice stuck her tongue out, angry at Beto's lack of Christmas spirit.

"Sean cuales sean tus sentimientos acerca de Navidad, recuerda llegar pronto a casa para ponerte el traje y prepararte para la cena." [Whatever your sentiments are about Christmas Eve, remember to get home early to change into a suit and get ready for dinner.]
Teresa was happy about Beto finally accepting that, instead of being a thug, he needed to find a part-time job. And he did, as a mechanic. But Beto now always wore his dirty and greasy work suit all the time, and it infuriated Abuela.

With that, Alice's mood changed again. She remembered about the Christmas Eve party in the White House.

The celebration had already been planned for a while, and it was only going to be them and the president's family. Alice had no way out of it. There was no way to avoid seeing him.

President Kennedy was feeling the same amount of dread. He had to face Alice and feel guilty no matter what. It was what he deserved, after all.

It was no surprise that everyone looked their best that evening, and Alice would undoubtedly look beautiful, as always. But President Kennedy had not anticipated the long-sleeved, red dress that hugged Alice's figure in a mature and sophisticated way. It was like nothing he had ever seen her wear before. Her hair was up in a French twist, highlighting, even more, her new and unusual look. Her red lips accompanied the red blush on her cheeks when she greeted him.