𝐗𝐈𝐕; 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧 🎀

°:

°:. *₊ ° . ☆   °:. *₊ ° . ° .•

Back at the White House, everything seemed to be the same. Alice greeted everyone while walking down the corridors and Mason was at her side, being talkative for a change. He was opening up little by little and she was glad for that. It would not be so awkward like before, when they were in complete silence all the time.

Everything was not the same, however, when Alice got to the Office and noticed a woman around her age, but much more mature-looking. The woman was tall, not only because of her high heels. She was incredibly stunning with her light blonde bouffant hair, her long legs, and her curvy form. Next to her, Alice would go completely unnoticed. She was talking to Jack, twirling her hair around and being awfully bubbly.

Alice frowned.

"Who is that?" She asked Mason.

"I believe that would be the new intern. Her name is Elizabeth Raymond, I think." They both stood by the door for a minute, observing.

"Why haven't I heard about this until now?" Alice said a bit too loudly.

Mason looked at Alice with an apologetic expression. "I thought you already knew, sorry."

"No, it's alright. You don't need to notify me of this stuff. But thank you, Mason."

"You can call me Alex, Miss."

All of a sudden, he was much more direct with her. Like he was trying to pursue a friendship. Or at least, be more than a bodyguard to her.

"Then you should call me Alice. There's no need to be so formal with me, you know? We're almost the same age."

He nodded in acknowledgment, showing a hint of a smile through the corner of his lips.

He passed his fingers through his dark brown hair and put his sunglasses on before going away. "I'll see you later, Alice."

Deciding to cut in, Alice walked over to Jack. He immediately noticed her, snapping his head away from the so-called Elizabeth, to scan Alice with his eyes. Day by day he anticipated the way she would be dressed, but no matter what she wore, it always looked lovely on her.

That day, she wore a violet lace shift dress, designed by Lilly Pulitzer, which was very much in style. It not only caught the president's attention but the girl at his side's.

Her impressive entrance had not been planned, but Alice was glad it had been so successful.

"Good morning, Mr. President!" She waved with her hand.

"Good morning... Miss Olivares." If there hadn't been anyone there, Jack's greeting would have been far warmer toward her. Pretending nothing out of the ordinary had happened between them was already proving to be difficult. "Meet Elizabeth, our intern. Miss Raymond, this is my personal assistant, Alice. You'll be working closely." Elizabeth examined Alice with a single look. Her expression was, if anything, impassive. But Alice's natural intuition told her there was something off about the intern.