𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈; 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐲 🎀

Beto pulled up at their house. He was unsure about going in at all but the family would find out in the morning no matter what. Yet, what was important to him at that moment was making sure Alice was not too badly hurt.

He opened the door for her, and helped her all the way inside. She tried refusing his help, seen as he looked almost as bad.

To their luck, no one was up. So, being as silent as they could, they reached the bathroom for medical supplies.

The bright light finally accentuated the extent of their injuries. Beto winced.

"What a disaster..." He began getting the alcohol ready. "You should go to the hospital."

"I'll go to Dr. Travell first thing in the morning." The blow to the side of her face made it painful to speak. But it really wasn't that bad—only her cheek and hand were screwed up. And no bones were broken. When Dean had pushed her to the ground, it hurt her head and back momentarily, but she couldn't feel pain around there anymore.

"You can't show up to the White House looking like this. What is everyone going to think?" He said while cleaning her fist.

"I know... It's not ideal. But Janet is discreet. You know the hospital is going to question how it happened." Alice stood up once he was done to then tend to him. "I'll go in and back out as silently as I can."

Alice wiped the small patches of dried blood off his face and hands before applying alcohol. Beto barely flinched.

Too used to this, she thought.

"You could get fired for this." He sounded genuinely devastated while he said that, knowing how much that job meant to Alice.

Alice tried to chuckle in between the pain. She knew for a fact Jack wouldn't fire her. But it was still debatable how mad he would be. "I won't."

They finally went upstairs, with the intention of getting some rest. Although they both knew they probably wouldn't be able to catch any sleep. Beto worried as he helped her up the stairs. Alice's body was on the verge of exhaustion, even if she kept denying it.

Thankfully, the next morning Alice realized she had been able to sleep after all. Unfortunately, she realized it by waking up to the sound of her mother's scream.

"Ma! Let her rest more!" Albert also exclaimed.

When Alice opened her eyes she saw the door to her room wide open, and a bruised Beto trying to hold María back. But the woman shook off his grip, running over to Alice's bed.

"Are you out of your mind? Look at the state of you both!" She frantically held Alice's head up by the chin, moving it from one side to the other, overwhelming Alice, who was still groggy from her deep sleep. "I'm calling agent Mason right now, and he can take you to the hospital. Then you can tell me how this happened." María's scary tone shook Alice to her core. She rarely, if ever, saw her like this. It sounded like a mixture of fear and rage.

But Alice maintained her stance.

"I'm fine! I don't need a hospital!"

"Wait until your father hears about this, then you will need one!" Her false threat almost sounded real as María exclaimed with a shaky voice.

Alice dreaded her dad's reaction.

"Where is he?" She asked.

"He left for work already. When I realized you weren't up yet, I knew something was wrong." María explained.

Alice frantically threw the sheets off of her. "What time is it?"

"Woah, take it easy," Beto said.