𝐈𝐕; 𝐀 𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐚🌹

"He will go easy on you these first days." José had assured her as he drove to work. Work. It still felt unbelievable to her.

Just a couple of days ago Alice felt useless on a daily basis. But she had been given an escape from that loop of self-loathing. Alice started imagining where this job would lead her. Perhaps nowhere, although it would definitely look good on any application in the future. But she did not accept because of that. She accepted because she truly believed in what had been asked of her. Maybe it wasn't considered an important job, but in her mind, it was. She would make sure that the president didn't lack anything. She would give the best of her so that he was able to carry out his duty without any concerns about smaller and less important matters. He needed to run a country, first and foremost.

As she arrived in the West Wing, Alice greeted Mrs. Lincoln, who told her that the president was waiting for her inside his office. With that, she went inside after knocking.

"Good morning, Mr. President." She said with a timid look on her face, holding her small leather work bag in front of her.

"Good morning, Miss Olivares." He said from his desk, with a smile, before getting up to greet her with a handshake. He returned to his desk only to retrieve an item from it. "Your identification." He told her, hanging an identification pass around her neck. Alice tried not to shake nervously each time he got close to her, but it was extremely difficult. He was really nice and treated her kindly, so she didn't know why she was still so intimidated by him. With this proximity, as he practically towered over her, she was also able to notice how tall he was.

Alice looked at the pass. It had her name and other details to help her get around the White House.

"Ah, thank you."

He stepped away from her, realizing he'd been standing in front of her for too long. "The first weeks you'll have to wear it around your neck at all times. But once you settle in you should be able to keep it in your purse and only show it when required to." Alice nodded. "And if you ever need anything, anything at all, you know where to find me." His stance portrayed the sincerity in his words. Overwhelming power radiating from him, making Alice feel strangely safe.

"I appreciate that very much, sir."

"Now, before the designers arrive, could you do a favor for me?" The president circled his desk and sat down.

"Yes, of course. Anything."

"I left my glasses in the Yellow Oval. I should always keep a pair here but I forget." He chuckled. "Could you go and get them for me, sweetheart?" He told her, looking down at the pile of important documents in front of him.

"Right away." She turned around feeling flustered at the term he'd just used.

She went and returned quickly, not wanting to make him wait. He thanked her and began his work just as she had to begin her first task of the day. Meet with the designers.

They discussed the different options, settling with two; The first one was a redesign of the garden and the display of the roses. There would be white and red roses forming circles around a white gazebo. The second one was simpler, with white benches and a birdbath in the center. If it was up to Alice, she wouldn't have known what to choose.

The girl pranced around the colonnade of the West Wing after the meeting. She went towards the Oval, first checking up on her father. He was buried in papers, with his shirt sleeves rolled up and his glasses on. The phone kept ringing, so Alice thought it best not to interrupt him, and resumed her way to the Oval.