𝐈𝐈𝐈; 𝐆𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬 🎀

Never in her life had she jumped out of bed the way she did that morning

Never in her life had she jumped out of bed the way she did that morning. And what a special morning it was. With the smell of torrijas filling her nose and the sound of the doves cooing outside. However, it didn't take away the fluttering feeling from her stomach, as she mentally prepared to meet the most important man in The Free World. Of course, she had already met him, but that was before he was president. It was completely different. Just because her father worked for him, it didn't mean she got to be any less respectful towards President Kennedy.

Following the smell of breakfast, she found both Teresa and María in the kitchen. The two of them sharing a conversation while they flipped the slices of bread on the pan.

"Good morning." Alice greeted them while getting a glass of orange juice.

"¡Buenos días!" Teresa turned around to wish her a good morning as well.

"We're making your favorite breakfast today because of your important meeting!" Exclaimed María with excitement.

"Yes, well, I don't know what to expect from this 'meeting'." She admitted, expressing her cluelessness.

Alice tried to enjoy the nice breakfast, despite her nervousness. She finished it quickly, needing to change into some formal clothes. Considering most of her clothes were made by her, they weren't exactly appropriate for the White House. Thankfully, she had bought a nice, two-piece blue outfit with her allowance some months ago. She couldn't help but look into the mirror many times, making sure she actually looked decent.

María drove her to the House. Alice insisted on her abuela to come as well, but apparently, Teresa was too intimidated by it. Maybe some other time. If there ever was another time, that was.

They were cleared to go in by a special pass José had brought home yesterday after the President's call. Alice looked up to the majestic white building. She could not believe her eyes. She had seen the White House before, many times, when taking walks. She remembered the time when she was six years old, and her father stopped to look at the building. "This is where the most important man in the United States lives. And who knows, someday, you might live there yourself." He'd told her with a bright smile and hopeful eyes. Alice had contemplated the place and her father's words with fascination, and thus, a passion was ignited deep down in her core, that would fully awake the day she first took a step inside that very building.

This was the day.

She wasn't stepping inside as anything but a visitor, but it was enchanting nonetheless. Alice never really thought anything more about her father's words. She wasn't cut out to be president. Far from it. She could not even hold a conversation with a stranger. How could she ever run a country, do speeches, have the world on her shoulders? No, Alice was not fit to be president, but that didn't mean she couldn't be part of the atmosphere surrounding that position if the opportunity ever presented itself.