𝐈𝐗; 𝐎𝐜𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐜 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞 🎀

There was not much left of summertime, so it was the best and probably the last opportunity for some days away from the White House to enjoy the beach

There was not much left of summertime, so it was the best and probably the last opportunity for some days away from the White House to enjoy the beach. Those days in Hyannis Port were warmer than usual, Alice was grateful for it. It meant that she could shed off her conservative way of dressing, the way she always had to dress around her family. Now, she took the chance to show a little more skin, hoping to attract the attention of a certain older man.

Over the past weeks, Alice stopped to assess her emotions once and for all. She needed to evaluate why she thought the way she did about that man. Never before had she truly thought that way about any boy, not even in school, because boys her age did not catch her eye at all. Alice was confused, avoiding at all costs putting a name to it. If she called it a crush, she would have to scold herself. Having a crush on the president was inadmissible and it would make her feel too ashamed. As much as she tried to tell herself how wrong it was, she could not help acting coquette with him. She was giddy and bubbly like a thirteen-year-old unable to control her inner compulsions.

"Want some ice-cream, Alice?" The girl was taken away from her oceanic reverie with those words directed to her.

The salty breeze stuck to her face, her hair, and to her skin. She could feel the healing effects of it already while she looked to the deep blue hoping to spot some cetaceans.

"Huh?" With the wind passing by her ears, she was not able to hear very well.

"Ice-cream." President Kennedy repeated, showing her the thing in question.

"Oh, yes. Thank you!" Alice accepted the sweet, vanilla-scented surprise while watching him sit right next to her. Without counting the secret service and the crew, it was just the two of them on the Honey Fitz boat, sat on the stern deck. Being alone with him made it all the more awkward and difficult for Alice to behave normally. But that day she felt extremely bold and confident, perhaps it was the fierce effect of the powerful sea. It had a way of magically eliciting bravery even in the most serene souls.

In one of those acts of boldness, Alice took the risky liberty of resting her legs upon his lap. He looked at her, unable to find her Mediterranean eyes that were hidden behind red cat-eye sunglasses. She tried not to smirk as she licked her ice-cream, and instead looked away, again to the marbly waves.

He said nothing, making it seem like an accident when his hand landed on her ankle. The touch almost made Alice jump in surprise, but she soon relaxed, needing to savor each and every second of such nearness.

Her white, freckly skin was covered in sunscreen, which for the moment was protecting her well enough. All in all, she was as comfortable as Pushinka was laying beside them in a bed that was as equally fluffy as her.

They both finished their ice-cream cones, and the president started a conversation by asking her about herself. He had been dying to learn more about sweet Alice for a long time, and it seemed like the perfect moment to do so.