Sorry I'm late

In Konoha Vilage

"They'll be here tomorrow morningxs!" announced Minato looking at Tsunade Jiraiya and Ibiki. "To think Sakura tricked me so easily, I should of been sharper" said Tsunade frustrated that the pink haired girl she trained was Orochimaru's captive. "Sakura is good at hiding things. She pretended she had a normal childhood for years. It wasn't until she was kidnapped that we learned the truth" reassured Minato trying to calm Tsunade before she destroyed everything.

"They said she's still unconscious, is the hospital ready to admit her?" he then asked. "Yes it is. I intend to personally see through her examinations" replied Tsunade regaining her composure. "Alright. Ibiki how is it going with her parents?" Minato then turned towards Ibiki. "They haven't said much as of late. Maybe they'll answer more of our questions after they've heard what's happened" announced Ibiki. "Alright. Try again tomorrow. You need some rest. Thank you for your efforts" said Minato giving a warm smile.

=

The next day Minato, Jiraiya and Tsunade were at the gates of Konoha waiting for the team. A few more minutes of waiting and they saw figures emerging from the trees. They all sent their attention to the unconscious pinkette on Sasuke's back.

They made it to the hospital. The team along with Jiraiya and Minato were waiting outside Sakura's hospital room. Later Tsunade came out closing the door behind her. "Well? Is she going to be okay?" asked Sasuke impatiently. "I don't know. Sakura is alive but she is completely unresponsive. I think we need to use the Yamanaka clans mind transfer jutsu. I understand Ino Yamanaka used it during their fight at the chunin exams. If they go inside they may be able to find Sakura's conscious and bring her back, however considering the traumatic events she's been through it'll take more than 'hey Sakura your no longer with Orochimaru so come on out back to your mind', no her mind will be fragile" stated Tsunade with a serious look.

=

"You called me hokage-sama" asked Ino's father. "Ah good your here. We have found Sakura and she is currently trapped in her mind that is highly unstable. Do you know if you can take someone into the mind with your mind transfer jutsu?" asked Minato getting straight to the point. "Yes it is possible but I won't be able to keep it up forever, you'll only have ten minutes" he answered truthfully. "That's more than enough time" stated Sasuke with determination.

"Sasuke are you sure?" asked Kakashi and sasuke noded and turned to Naruto "sorry dobe if you want t..." he was cut off by Naruto "you go teme. I know she'll listen to you more then me, I 'm the annoying one in the team remember and your the idiot. That's how its always been". "Who are you calling an idiot?" asked Sasuke giving him a death stare. Naruto just smiled and said "hurry up and get Sakura back so we can go get ramen".

=

"Alright Sasuke, your body will feel light. I just need you to close your eyes alright?" asked Ino's father and Sasuke did. "MIND TRANSFER JUTSU" Sasuke then opened his eyes and saw nothing but black and white. "Her mind is dying", "what are you talking about?" asked Sasuke. "I mean that power in her mind severely damaged Sakura's mind from the inside, it's coming apart and soon she will lose her consciousness" he stated. Sasuke frantically looked round and saw her sitting, looking at the ground. Sasuke approached her and said softly "Sakura?"

Back in reality

"Just two minutes left" announced Shisui looking at the clock, "come on Sasuke. Hurry up". Suddenly Sasuke along with Ino's father came back to reality. "Sasuke, are you okay?" asked Naruto hurriedly. "Yea just a bit dizzy?" he responded. Everyone's attention was to Sakura, they all watched impatiently then saw her eyes starting to flicker open. Sasuke and Naruto were at either side of her. "Sakura" both said softly. Her eyes were then fully opened and she looked around the room "Sasuke...N...Naruto...sorry I...took so...long" she said and gave a weak smile. Naruto started tearing up and said "heh...I was the one that was always late, you stole my record Sakura and I was proud of it as well". "Glad your back" said Sasuke smiling softly at her.

The next few hours were a mix of medical tests, Naruto talking about ramen and Hinata (who is now his girlfriend) and simple catch ups. "Geez Sakura, you gave all of us a heart attack. Honestly how could you be so mean to your sensei" complained Shisui with Kakashi nodding in agreement. "Yea sorry about that. Promise I'll make it up to you, how about I buy you dango" Itachi flinched and said "do it for a week...at least" everyone started laughing.

Sakura stopped laughing and had a soft smile and said "you guys can ask. I know your all trying to avoid the subject but I know your curious about what happened before and after I left the village. I'll answer them honestly". Everyone was quiet and they all had sad faces on them. "Not now, you just escaped your own mind that was on the brink of collapse. We'll ask when we know your able to" stated Kakashi looking at his student lovingly. Sakura nodded in understanding his reasoning. "Now Sakura, I don't want you to stay alone therefore you will stay with Sasuke and Naruto in their apartment. It will also mean you guys can catch up more" said Minato looking at her seriously. "Huh...wait you guys live together?" she asked them sounding confused. "Just recently, we haven't used it much though thanks to missions. We went on missions as soon as we could so that we could go on the mission to bring you back" said Naruto rubbing the back of his neck. "Don't worry there are three rooms, and our mothers come round far too often" Sasuke said that last part with shame lowering his head as did head Naruto. Sakura chuckled and had her usual bright smile.

=

"Wow you guys got a great place" announced Sakura looking round the kitchen and living room. "Thanks, your room is at the end of the corridor, you have your own bathroom as well" said Sasuke pointing to the end of the corridor. Suddenly the door swung open with a sweaty Kushina and Mikoto standing at the doorway. "Mum?" yelled Naruto and Sasuke very confused. "SAKURAAAAA!" both women lept at the young girl. Kushina said "I'm so happy your okay, never do that to me again you hear me?" weeped Kushina crushing the poor girl. "Sorry, I didn't mean .to worry you" replied Sakura trying to catch her breath. "Geez mum...let Sakura breath at least" said Naruto trying to pull her back.

=

After some catching up with Mikoto and Kushina they left and the three of them had their dinner and decided to go to bed. "Tell us if you need anything" said Naruto "I will, thanks Naruto" said Sakura and closed the door to her room behind her.

=

Sakura felt cold and her body felt heavy she was muttering "no...stop...stop...please no no no no no STOP" she yelled and jumped out of her bed. Sasuke and Naruto barged into her room "what's wrong are you okay?" asked Sasuke with deep concern. "Yea, sorry it was just a nightmare. I didn't mean to wake you. I'm fine really" said Sakura putting her hand against her forehead smiling softly at the boys. "No. We are not doing this again. You tell us when your not okay. Try to be selfish for once" said Naruto sternly. Sakura felt tears rolling down her cheeks. Sasuke sighed and turned to Naruto "dobe go back to bed I'll stay with Sakura tonight. We'll take turns each night until we're sure she's fine" explained Sasuke. "Alright, let me know if you need anything" said Naruto and left the room leaving Sasuke and Sakura alone.

"I...I'm sorry" sobbed Sakura. Sasuke sat at the end of the bedx and hugged her from the side tightly and whispered "it's okay Sakura. Your home. Your safe. I won't let anything happen to you. Talk to me whenever you want alright?" Sakura nodded and they remained like that for about twenty minutes then they both ended up asleep.

Sasuke woke up realising he was sleeping next to Sakura on the bed, fortunately on top of the covers he thanked himself. He slowly sat at the edge of the bed careful not to wake her up. He then heard muffled noises and turned to see Sakura looking at him "sorry did I wake you?" asked Sasuke softly. "No it's fine" she answered.

They both went to the kitchen where Naruto was getting his ramen ready "seriously? Are you still a kid? We ate ramen last night, now your eating it for breakfast? Now I know why your mother comes so often" said Sakura looking at Naruto with disbelief.

=

After they had breakfast Sakura, Sasuke and Naruto went to the hokages office along with Kakashi, Shisui and Itachi. "Now Sakura I don't want to push you but we need to know what Orochimaru was trying to do and how you ended up meeting with Tsunade?" aksed Minato looking right at the girl. Sakura sighed and said "I'll tell you everything. I remember what I did the nine months I was stuck in my head as well" she said looking down. "Very well, take your time" stated Minato and Sakura started to tell her story.

That's it for this chapter