Chapter 11: Confrontation

A/N: Enjoy :)

After Hinata had sent her younger sister flying to the ground, she had let out a sigh of relief and deactivated her Byakugan. You see, she had not intended to fight with her sister, she was just so angry and didn't know how to let it out. Nonetheless, she supposed it was time she should get to the real reason why she dragged Hanabi out here in the first place. Hanabi got up from the ground with a confused face.

"Explain." Hinata said, and Hanabi immediately knew what she meant.

So that's what Hanabi did, she explained the entire situation to her sister. She felt ashamed of herself for keeping such a big secret from her sister, the one who she basically stole Naruto from. Though she had to admit, it was partly, if not mostly Hinata's fault for failing to take any sort of initiative when it came to pursuing Naruto.

Instead, she always watched and admired him, never uttering a single word about her love for him. Except for the time when she was literally about to die while protecting him. Sure, it was a bit scummy for Naruto to not ever respond to her feelings, but could she have picked a worse time to confess? Why pick not a time when the village was in peace, but when it was in pieces? Hanabi would never know.

Hinata, on the other hand, was feeling a multitude of emotions, guilt being the biggest one. She had wrongly accused her sister of taking away the one she loved when Hanabi herself didn't know much about what occurred, being drunk when the whole thing happened. To make matters worse, Hanabi was drunk because she was ridiculed by their father.

She was saddened that Hanabi had decided to use alcohol as an outlet for her anger and sadness. But she was also ashamed of herself because she knew that Hanabi was constantly being ridiculed by their father and their clan, she just wasn't confident enough to do anything about it. Her low confidence and self-esteem was pretty much the root of everything that involved herself.

Hinata also wasn't sure why Hanabi left her clan until she had explained, and it had only made her feel even more ashamed of her clan. To drive not only a member of the main branch but specifically the daughter of the clan head to leave their clan was just pathetic. Not to say she was just pushing the blame of everything on her clan, she still acknowledged the fact that she was also in the wrong. 

Looking back on it, there were many times when she was in the wrong, one of them being when she yelled at Hanabi without giving her a chance to explain herself. Another being the fact that she had resorted to violence, even for a brief moment, to sate her anger. Her feelings were just all over the place recently that she kept making rash decisions, some of them almost costing Hinata her relationship with her sister. Though her love for Naruto hadn't been fazed in the slightest, and there were two things she absolutely needed to make sure of.

"Are you safe?" Hinata asked, and Hanabi had realized just how much her clan didn't know about how she was doing.

If most of her clan knew that she didn't have many friends, and didn't know about her involvement with Naruto, they could only imagine what she was doing and where she was. For once, she wanted to tell the truth.

"Yes I am, I.....I'm currently staying with Naruto." Hanabi said. She was happy that Hinata cared, but she was nervous about what she would say. Much to Hanabi's surprise, Hinata didn't look surprised by this information.

"I figured that was the case. Do you mind if I ask you another question?" Hinata asked, frowning. She was very relieved to hear that Hanabi was safe and was doing anything worrying, but was also upset that she was staying with Naruto. Hinata decided to ask her second question once she saw Hanabi shake her head. 

"Do you have feelings for Naruto-Kun?" Hinata asked. Hanabi's head, which was looking down at her feet, suddenly shot up and turned red upon the asking of that question.