Chapter 6: Breaking the News

As Hanabi walked back to her clan's compound, she pondered over what she was about to do. Her older sister was no doubt not going to be happy about her marrying Naruto. After all, Hinata had been harboring feelings for the blonde since they were kids, so for about a decade. Even Hanabi didn't know the extent of how much her sister had loved Naruto.

How would Hinata feel though? Hanabi had been put on a pedestal by their clan for nearly all of their lives. It wasn't until after the 4th shinobi war that the clan recognized Hinata as a strong and worthy heir to the clan. Up until then, the two hadn't interacted much, though this was mainly due to the fault of Hanabi, who was clouded by the clan's continuous praise. Hinata had tried to talk to her on numerous occasions only to be brushed off by Hanabi.

When Hanabi looked back on it, she had to admit that she was being a bit too harsh toward her older sister, when Hinata didn't deserve that at all. But now, Hanabi wouldn't be surprised if Hinata started to act the same towards her once she informed Hinata of what was about to happen. 

Hanabi felt like she was betraying Hinata because she had known of Hinata's feelings for years, yet she was the one who was going to marry Naruto, not her. Heck, Hinata had even sacrificed her life for Naruto before, this whole situation made Hanabi feel horrible. Hanabi decided that she would just tell Hinata and hope for the best.

She arrived at the compound nervous, she was by no means ready to break the news to her sister, and she didn't know if she'd ever be ready. But she knew that she would have to tell her sometime, and Hanabi didn't want Hinata to learn about this from anyone else. That happening would only cause more problems.

Hanabi walked through the gates, ignoring the gatekeeper bowing to her. She walked into the compound, and strangely didn't seek out Hinata, she just kept walking to her room. By the time Hanabi realized she wasn't looking for Hinata, she was already in her room.

Hanabi sighed, she must really be nervous. She could never remember a time when she was nervous while trying to talk to her sister, it was usually the other way around. She couldn't even sit still. Steeling herself as best she could, she got up and walked to Hinata's room. Hanabi knocked on the door.

"C-Coming!" Her muffled voice said from the other side of the door. She opened the door soon after.

"Hi, Hanabi, did you need something?" Hinata said in violet pajamas.

"O-Onee-san, c-can we talk?" She stuttered nervously, Hinata was worried by this, Hanabi never stuttered when she was talking, something must really be wrong.

"Of course, come in." Hanabi walked in to see her sister's room as neat as always. Hanabi and Hinata sat down on her bed.

"What's wrong?" Hinata asked.

"T-There Is something you s-should know r-regarding N-Naruto-kun." She stuttered. The fact that Hanabi said 'Naruto-kun' did not go unnoticed by her, and she felt an unwelcome feeling start to form in her stomach. She waited for Hanabi to continue.

"D-Do you remember, all those years ago, when Otou-san told us about the rule t-that we can't be seen n-naked by anyone if we're not m-married?" She said nervously. Hinata now knew that the news wasn't going to be good.

"Y-Yes, what about it?" Hinata asked, not liking where this was going.

"I-I-I-" Hanabi stuttered.

"Hanabi, take your time." Hanabi nodded.

"I-I b-broke that rule.......with N-Naruto."

The room was silent for about one minute before Hinata responded, this time, her voice was firm and cold, she only said 5 words, but those 5 words made her feel more afraid than her father ever did.