Chapter 12: Naruto's Revelation

A/N: This chapter is a bit slower than the pace of my other chapters.

The day was oddly strange for Naruto. Usually, he would wake up and get ready for the day before going into the kitchen to see Hanabi cooking breakfast for them, but strangely, that wasn't the case today. When he woke up and got ready, Hanabi wasn't in the kitchen cooking. It's not like she was obligated to do so, but it had become such a routine event in the morning that Naruto felt weird without it. He went to go check on her to see if she was feeling well, and she looked okay, she was just sleeping in. Naruto just concluded that she didn't feel up to it today, which was fine.

Nonetheless, he had plans for today so he decided to go fulfill them. The other night, Hinata had asked to treat him to Ramen as an apology for ruining the event that was set up, even though Naruto didn't see it that way. There wasn't a specific time and date that they were going to meet, and it was still about 10:00, Naruto decided that he would go and do something that started to become a habit of his. 

Not 1 hour later, he sat on top of his father's head at the Hokage Monument. Something he had started to do was talk to the carved face of his deceased father about the recent events in his life. He supposed that it was a bit calming and often gave him peace of mind. 

"Hey, Otou-san. It's me again, and you wouldn't believe what happened recently!" Naruto said. It wasn't his first time talking to the face, and it probably wouldn't be his last.

Naruto proceeded to talk to the face about all the things that had happened in his life recently. Because if there was one thing Naruto was good at, it was talking. He talked about everything from how bought a new house to how he had a girl living with him now. He was glad that he was alone because he'd certainly be embarrassed had anyone heard him talk about how eventful his life had gotten recently.

By the time he was done talking, the time had passed and it was now 12:00. Thinking that the day was going by slower than usual, Naruto tried to do something else to keep himself busy. He tried sparring with Lee, talking to Kurama, heck, he even tried to watch clouds like Shikamaru liked to do. But no matter what he tried to do, only 3 hours had passed. To top it all off, every time he tried to pass the time, he would always end up feeling like something was missing as if he forgot to do something, and it was very confusing for him. It felt familiar yet he just couldn't figure out what it was.

Deciding that enough time had passed, Naruto decided to go and pick up Hinata, the nagging feeling that he forgot about something still there. As he walked there, he decided to try and recall everything he did so far, to see if there could be anything he forgot to do, or if he had plans that he forgot about. Strangely enough, there was nothing. Sighing, Naruto told himself that it was nothing and that he was being foolish.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hanabi woke up to see the presence of the sun start to become noticeable through the window. She figured it must be somewhere around 9:00 in the morning. She would usually get up around this time and start to cook breakfast for her and Naruto, but she just didn't feel like it today. She didn't feel like doing anything today. Hanabi was in a sour mood for reasons unknown to her, she just felt....grumpy. 

She wasn't unused to this mood. Everyone had their own bad days, and today seemed to be one of those days for her. Hanabi took advantage of the fact that she could sleep in if she wanted to, which was something she couldn't do when she lived in the compound. So, Hanabi decided to go back to sleep.

Once she woke up again, it was already 4:00, and her mood felt no different than how it was 6 hours ago. As she got up and headed to the bathroom, she started to think about any reason why she would feel as sour as she did. It didn't take her long to come to a conclusion, and she had no doubt that what she had thought about was the reason why she was so grumpy today.