Chapter 5: Realizations

"WHAT!?" Hisashi yelled. The tea he was drinking was now all over the table in front of him.

"I said-" Naruto repeated before he was interrupted.

"I KNOW WHAT YOU SAID!" Hisashi yelled, surprised.

"Then what's the problem?" Naruto asked, knowing full well what the problem was. Hisashi managed to restrain his anger and surprise before he spoke.

"The problem is that you have come here saying that you are to marry Hanabi, but on what reason have you come to conclusion?" 

"Think about it." Was all he said.

"What?" 

"Just think." Naruto replied. Hisashi thought for a moment before he came to a conclusion.

"You're the one man who saw my daughter naked?!" Hisashi exclaimed, Naruto lightly blushed.

"Y-Yes, among other things."

This answer from Naruto caused Hisashi to think about things from a strategic perspective. Mostly because Naruto was a distinguished shinobi, being known nearly everywhere in the world. So, if he played his cards right, maybe, just maybe, his clan could benefit from this.

It wasn't a secret that Naruto was currently the best candidate for Hokage after Kakashi, mostly because there wasn't anyone else who was stronger and more known than him. To have a Hyuuga, especially the daughter of the Hyuuga clan head, marry a Hokage, specifically, Naruto Uzumaki would no doubt benefit the Hyuuga clan in terms of recognition and power. So, maybe Hisashi could get something out of this.  

"Well, do I need to make the consequences clear?" Hisashi asked.

"No, I already know what has to happen, bu-"

"Then there is nothing else to do, unless you decline. Which means Hanabi will not be welcome by the Hyuuga family any longer, meaning she will have to pay for her own housing, and won't be allowed in the compound anymore."

"But why is this even a thing?! Can't you just let this go?" Naruto pleaded.

"No, I can't, doing so would represent me not caring about the clan rules, and could cause distrust with the Hyuuga clan elders. I might be the clan head, but I still need to abide by the rules." Hisashi responded.

"There has to be something you can do. Hanabi is your daughter! Don't you care about how she feels?" 

"Of course I do, but this is something that cannot be altered, your choices are to marry Hanabi, or she will be disowned by the Hyuuga!" Hisashi exclaimed, his face stern.

Naruto knew what his choice would be if this trip turned out to be futile, and futile it was. Naruto had already known what it was like living with no family, and that had caused great amounts of pain for him. Hanabi would be miserable without a family. From what Naruto knew, Hanabi didn't have many friends, and he knew that some of the branch members kept grudges against the main house from Neji, so the people in her clan that she was friendly with had to be limited to some extent. 

So, Naruto vowed that he would try and make her as happy as he could while they were married. Even though they didn't love each other, they barely even tolerated the other. Well, Naruto personally had no problem with Hanabi, but nearly every encounter he'd had with Hanabi (which wasn't many) hadn't been pleasant, or friendly. 

Naruto couldn't believe he was doing this! Marriage had always been something he'd thought about after he was Hokage, near his 30's. But now, not only was he not Hokage yet, he wasn't anywhere near 30 yet, reaching his 20th birthday a few months ago. So yeah, he still had a decade. Keyword being had, now he was about to be married off to Hanabi Hyuuga of all people.