Chapter 19: A Fruitful Epilogue II

A/N: I wonder how many people didn't read the A/N from the last chapter, and think that the story is over. 

Fun Fact, Haru means spring.

Ok, Naruto didn't know that being a parent would be so hard.

Naruto had insisted that he take care of Haru for the first few months. Haru Uzumaki had been born a month ago in the spring, and he wanted Hanabi to rest. Her body had gone under great strain during the birth, causing Naruto to want to care for the baby while she relaxed. 

Though with the addition of a baby, there were problems to be addressed. A major one being that only one of them could be on a mission at a time, because if both of them were on missions, then no one would be there to take care of Haru. 

They asked Kakashi not to put one of them on a mission if the other was already on one, and he understood. Because even though they were shinobi, they were still parents of a daughter they loved very much.

Nonetheless, being a parent was not an easy task, especially late at night.

Haru was crying, for the third time that night. Naruto didn't know why she cried so much, and why she was upset this time, but he'd have to deal with it. So, he got up and made his way to Haru's room.

Hanabi was currently asleep, the time was about 3 in the morning, and Naruto had a feeling he wouldn't get much sleep that night. As he walked into her room, he was met with Haru wailing. 

"What's wrong, Haru?" He said soothingly, picking her up and rocking her in his arms. 

She continued to wail, and Naruto couldn't figure out for the life of him why she was upset. Naruto did everything, he rocked her in his arms, he sang to her (or tried to) but she just kept crying.

He eventually just started to pat her back and wait until she was done crying. The crying stopped earlier than he expected, as when he patted her back a little hard, she let out a loud burp and promptly stopped crying.

Naruto felt his eye twitch as he wondered if that was the only reason why she had been crying in the first place. So, with that done, he put Haru back into her crib and joined Hanabi back in their bed.

Though a few days later would be a special day for their new family. Naruto planned on asking Hanabi to marry him. They had been together for over a year and he really loved her, he felt like he wanted to be with her forever. And the addition of a daughter had only increased this feeling. 

Let's just say it involved fireworks, cake, and a kimono.

Currently, he was taking Hanabi to a secluded place to propose, all he had said was that he had a surprise for her. It was about 8 PM, the sky had just begun to dim, and Hanabi couldn't help but wonder where they were going, Naruto also had a basket in his hands, but it was covered so she couldn't see what was inside.

"Naruto-kun, where are you taking me?" She asked as she followed him, Haru cooing in her arms

"I'm taking you to a special place." Well, it wasn't special now, but it would be once he proposed.

"Right, and what are we going to do at this 'special place'?" She questioned.

"Well, it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you."  He chuckled.

"Can you at least tell me what's in the basket?" 

"Something you'll love." Was all he said. Hanabi deadpanned as that barely narrowed it down 

It didn't take long for them to arrive since their house was located on the outskirts of Konoha, which is why Naruto picked a place near it so that Hanabi wouldn't become exhausted. After all, she was still recovering from her pregnancy. The place in question was a small clearing with quite a few cherry blossom trees.

 "Alright, we're here." He said, placing the basket down on the grass.

"What's so special about this place?" She asked, looking around. 

"You'll find out soon. Here, come and eat." He said and opened the lid of the basket. 

As she looked inside the basket, she was met with her favorite food, sorta. Her favorite food was Bananas, but Naruto felt that it wasn't special enough, so he went ahead and bought a small Banana cake. Once she saw the cake in the basket, she immediately knew what it was. There was also some yellow cloth in the basket.

Naruto patted the spot next to him, and Hanabi ate the cake next to him, breaking off a small piece and giving it to Haru, who ate it gladly.

Naruto looked at the sky and noticed the sun was almost done setting.

"Oh, we're just in time." Naruto said, and finished up his piece of cake.

"Just in time for wha-"  Her words got stuck in her throat as her attention was brought to the sky, where a small bundle of fireworks shot into the air and exploded. 

She couldn't take her eyes off of the display in front of her. Even Haru looked at the tiny explosions in curiosity, she giggled as they kept exploding. Hanabi turned her face over to Naruto, who was on one knee, the yellow cloth in his hand.

"Naruto, what are you doing?" She asked, impressed by everything that was happening so far but still confused.

"Hanabi, when we were friends, we used to think of the night we shared together as a mistake, but now, I'm grateful that it happened. I'm grateful because it allowed us to become like this. I love you, Hanabi, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, we already have a wonderful daughter. Hanabi, will you marry me?" 

Fireworks were still exploding in the sky. Haru, still in her mother's arms, had now turned her attention to her mother and father, curious about what was going on. Hanabi's eyes widened, and tears were starting to gather in her eyes. After a few seconds of silence, she responded.

"Yes. Of course, Naruto-kun." Hanabi responded, a few tears escaping her eyes. She smiled brightly, so happy that Naruto had done this for her.

Hanabi honestly hadn't thought about marriage, at least not this early. She always thought that Naruto would propose a few years after Haru was born, and she knew that she would say yes. But the fact that Naruto felt this way about her this early made her so happy.

"Oh! I have a present for you." He handed Hanabi the folded cloth.

She handed Haru to him as she unfolded what looked to be a kimono. The same kimono she always used to wear (The one on the cover).

"Look on the back." He said.

Hanabi turned the kimono over to see the Uzumaki spiral on the back of it. Not many people knew about the Uzumaki clan and their clan symbol, but after Naruto and Hanabi had agreed that Haru's last name would be Uzumaki, he told her everything about her clan.

It warmed her heart that Naruto took the time to get a custom-made kimono for her, especially her favorite one. She'd be sure to wear it often. 

And just like that, the Uzumaki clan was going to increase by 1 more. And Naruto went from a boyfriend to a soon-to-be husband.

A/N: One more chapter left, and the book is over. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.