Chapter 1

Ushijima Wakatoshi's POV

There she was sitting in front of me. Facing down writing on her notebook about the topic our teacher was explaining. Once in a while I can see her head move up looking back at the board. I didn't expect for me to feel like this. I tried to explain to Tendou about this feeling, he said that I felt love. After that he tried to convince me to tell him about the girl. I didn't want to. What if he tries to take her away from me?What if he tells the whole team about how I feel and they will start asking her out? I can't let that happen.

I first saw her a couple months ago when I was practicing volleyball in the gymnasium. She came in all shy. I could tell she didn't want to disrupt our practice match. She then saw Semi and waved at him. I tried to ignore her by hitting some spikes but I couldn't I wanted to look once more. She was smiling at him and handed him a piece of paper , waved goodbye, than quickly jogged out. After practice I asked semi who she was. He told me her name was (y/n). (Y/n) such a beautiful name. He then told me she was his partner for a project, she just came to give him some missing information about whatever subject they were doing.

I felt... ashamed that I didn't know or payed attention to her before. I didn't even realize she's in my class. She even comes and watches our games and supports us. Was I so blinded with volleyball that I didn't see her before?I hated myself for that.

I haven't fully spoken to her only when we are in class she sometimes ask some questions about something she doesn't understand and I try to give her an answer. I want to break out of my shell and fit in more. I know I'm, according to Tendou, "an anti- fun patrol" so I try my best to comprehend things like memes or sarcasm. I pay attention to Tendou and the rest of the team when they have conversations. I don't want (y/n) to think I'm stupid or no fun. I wonder if she likes volleyball? I mean she does come to our games.

The only things I know about her is that she gets things done. She gets decent grades and focuses on school. That's cute, she cares about her academics. I sometimes see her talk to some of her classmates from different classes and during lunch. I always see her smile and laugh. Her smile, her smile is..is breathtaking. Her laugh is contagious. Her facial features are addicting to watch. Her..her body is amazing even through the uniform I can tell she has an amazing body. I thought to myself that is inappropriate to think like that but I mean is not like I'm hurting anyone.

Not at the moment

RING!RING!

Once the bell rang I put my stuff in my bag. I noticed that (y/n) already left the class. I got up put my beg over my shoulders smoothed out my uniform. I saw the desk she was sitting on and saw a hair tie. I guess she forgot. I grabbed it and examined it I quickly shoved it in my bag and head out. After some classes it was finally lunch.

When I entered the cafeteria I got in line for my lunch. Once I got it I went to the table I usually sit. I glanced over at a couple of tables ahead and saw (y/n) sitting down eating her lunch with a couple of other people. After a while Tendou showed up as well as Ōhira and Semi. They where talking about something but I didn't pay attention I was looking at (y/n) who was laughing and talking to her...friends I suppose.
"What do you think Wakatoshi"?

I snapped from my thoughts and looked at Tendou, "about what? Sorry I wasn't listening."

"About the new movie that came out. They say it's the movie of year but I think it was total lame. They say things like that and the movie turns out to be trash."

"Oh um I don't know."

"You know Wakatoshi you've been real distracted lately," Tendou questioned.

" You think?" Was it really noticeable? Was I being distracted? " I think I'm doing just fine."

" I agree with Tendou on this one you have been distracted especially in volleyball," Semi said taking a bite of his rice.

No I'm not. I'm doing just fine in volleyball.

"Maybe is just stressed. I mean teachers have been pilling us up with homework and test a lot lately," Ōhira said looking at Tendou.

No, is not stress is something else...is someone else. Someone who can't get out of my head.

(Y/n), I don't think you know what effects you do to me.