Chapter 9

Ushijima's POV

Today was the last day of training camp so we had most of the day relaxing our muscles and let the soreness heal. For some of us, like Yamagata, have blisters all over the legs and arms so the coaches thought it would be a good idea to rest up our bodies, as for Yamagata, he is resting in a tub full of ice. He really wants to improve on skills as a libero and I could tell. (Y/n) has been helping us through out the whole trip, by making sure we don't pass out. She mostly helped Goshiki and his self confidence, although, I wanted her to help me, but I need to keep in base with myself. Plus In this training camp I've gotten a lot more pictures of her than before.

The ride back was really quiet. We were all beaten up, most of us were sleeping while others were listening to music. I actually can't wait until we get home. I'm planning on taking (y/n) out for dinner. I'm not so sure if she would agree as a date, maybe if I say 'as friends' she'll go with me. I want to spend more time alone with her, not with anyone else. At first I thought this training camp would be a good opportunity to be more connected with, but so far I got nothing, especially with her brother and cousin being here.

Once we arrived we quickly departure the bus on our way to the gymnasium. Our coach talked to us and set our record straight. As he dismissed us I quickly tried to reach to (y/n) who was already walking out.

"(Y/n), can I ask you something?"

"Oh hey Ushijima, what's up," she stopped at her tracks looking at me taking her earbuds out.

"I was wondering if I can take you out for dinner tonight," she tilted her head slightly, "as -"

"Sure, it'll be cool for us to hangout as friends."

Yeah.... friends," great, I'll pick you at seven p.m."

"Okay, see you later," she waved goodbye to me and walked alway.

I hope she didn't hear my heart pounding...

Back in the dorm Tendou was already knocked out, hanging off from the top bunk. I decided to kill some time by reading one this weeks 'jump" hopefully there is an add for having smooth shiny-looking hair.

After a while reading I realize that I had and hour left before I pick (y/n) so I went and took a quick shower. I then put on my boxers then my pair of black jeans and a white plain t shirt. I slipped on a pair of shoes and grabbed my wallet and phone.

I heard muffling sounds from the bed side and saw Tendou lifting himself up," why are you making so much noise...h-hey where are you going?"

"Sorry Tendou I didn't mean to wake you. I'm going to hangout with (y/n)."

"Ooh, interesting just the two of you?" He placed his hand on his chin looking at me with an evil-ish smile on his face.

"Yes, and no you may not come, and yes I'll bring you some food."

"Aww thanks man you're the best." He whipped out a thumps up flopped back onto his bed as I left closing the door along the way.

I walked pass through the building going to (y/n)'s door. Good thing I remember where it was. One time (y/n) left her phone during practice so I volunteered to return it. I didn't do anything to it since it was locked, although, I did see her wallpaper for the lock Screen. I knocked on her door and waited for her to open.