Chapter 12

Ushijima's POV

"Alright class so for today we are going to start our new project and for this you'll be working with partners."

Everyone groaned, not the partner part but with the project. This is the seventh project the teacher assigned so far and we are not even close to the end of the school year.

"You and your partner will pick a historic event from somewhere in the world. It can be a historic event that happened here. Your guys choice. But when you do decide please check with me. No other group can have the same event.Yes Suzuki."

"When is this due?"

"Next week Friday. Okay pick your partners and get to work."

"(Y/n)," I lightly tapped on her shoulders,"wanna be my partner?"

She turned around," yeah, sure."

Your mine.

She turned her desk around facing me as she set down," so what topic do you want to do?"

"I don't know?"

She looked around humming quietly. I can tell she is thinking. She looks so beautiful, " how about the American Civil War. I don't think anyone else in here took it yet."

"Perfect."

"Great," she got up and went to the teacher to get the approval of our project and came back," the teacher said yes, but we have to focus on the leadership and what they did."

"Okay," I really wish practice is canceled today so that we can work on this together, alone.

"How about we split it,you can focus on north or south and I'll just take what's left."

"Okay."

After I picked which one I'll do we started to work on what we needed to until I felt my phone vibrate and I'm pretty sure (y/n) felt something too because we both reached for our phones, "practice is canceled. Coach is attending a funeral..."

"That's too bad." I'm so happy. I know I shouldn't be but this is what I wanted.

"Apparently the coach's brother in law passed away," (y/n) continued to read the message," I'm guessing that was the family emergency on Friday."

We continued to work although I was getting frustrated a little and I'm pretty sure she noticed," you know I know someone who is left handed and they said that they use a piece of paper or a napkin to put underneath so that the ink won't smudge and you won't stain your hands, here I have a tissue for you to use." She reached down to her bag and handed me a neatly folded white-thin tissue.

I reached out and gently grabbed, "thank you," place it underneath and continued to write. She noticed my struggle, she cares about me.

" I think being left handed is pretty cool, is something unique about you," I looked up and saw her smiling,"...sorry I didn't mean to-"

"No worries, you really think is cool."

"Yes, especially in volleyball. Seeing people's faces, that's all they talk about."